Long Shot But, Xbox Live Trial Code

Discussion in 'Games' started by kaltsasa, Jun 28, 2005.

1. kaltsasa macrumors 6502a

I know this is a long shot, but I'm looking for a 2 month trial xbox live code, the ones that some of the games come with. I just aquired an xbox with Amped 2(which doesn't come with a code) and I know the current trial codes expire the 30th of this month, so I thought I would give a shout out, see if anyone had a spare laying around. If not thats cool. On that note, I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the xbox overall, especially the 9 foot controller cable, instead of having to buy ext. cords like all my other consoles. PM me if we can work something out, thanks guys.

2. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Why don't you just got buy a XBox live code at Wal-Mart or something. They are only 50-60 and thats gets your a headset, 12 months and a free game.

jon

3. kaltsasa thread starter macrumors 6502a

Errr well I'm thinking about it, but I'd like to try out the service before I plunk down another $60. If I don't get a trial code by the 30th I'll probably end up buying the 3 month starter kit to see if I like it, but free is always better :) .

4. Schmittroth macrumors regular

Schmittroth

I gotta say the 50 buck 1 year/game/headset pack is really worth it. It can add up to twice the value to Live games. Burnout 3!! Has anyone tried Kingdom Under Fire on Live yet?

5. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

If this guy doesn't come through, I might.

6. masterapple04 macrumors regular

Now what's that supposed to mean? I like to consider myself a reliable person, and I did in fact send the code in the PM, as I did not want it to be a public thing... :cool:

7. kaltsasa thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have the trial, and its set up, gamertag is Rakden. Thank you very much. So far very impressed with the live setup. Trying to get Xbox Live Freinds to work right now. Thanks again! I will probably be buying the 12 month kit in the next month since its seems to be pretty cool, and works well with my DGL-4300 router.

8. masterapple04 macrumors regular

Glad you like it. Much as I dislike Microsuck, they did a slick job with Live. You are now obligated to buy Halo 2, as it is perhaps the most addictive and enterataining game out there. Enjoy, and try to ignore the Microsoft logo on that hideous black box... :cool:

9. kaltsasa thread starter macrumors 6502a

I've got halo 2 rented for a week along with Doom 3 so that should tide me over til next paycheck when I can nab them from ebgames used style. But right now the local movie shop had 5 games, 5 days, 5 bucks.

I'm not necessarily against Microsoft, its just that they typically make shoddy products. I'm finding that the xbox doesn't seem to be in their typical shoddy fashion, but their entertainment BU has cranked out some good stuff in the past as well. Mabye It's just the Windows BU that sucks, lol.

10. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

Heh. I cant use Live.

I chipped my Xbox. The payoff of being able to make it emulate old consoles and also play all my music movies and pictures is a lot better than Live.

Hell, I only play 2 games online often. 1 - Starcraft 2 - Counter Strike.

11. phatpat88 macrumors member

my gamertag is Dark Spartan88

send me a friend invite if u want, tho all i play is Halo 2

12. rccola70 macrumors regular

13. Chunkywheats macrumors newbie

Mod-Chip

Why can't you use live after installing the mod-chip. A friend of mine is currently having his mod-ed. He is a big Halo 2 online player. Especially since he is heading off to college next year. He will be severely dissappointed if he can't Live because of it...if this is the case...im not sure he knows what he's sacrificing.... :rolleyes:

14. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

you can turn off the mod chip in some newer versions so Live doesn't detect it

15. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

one word (and a number after it :rolleyes: ) with regards to addictive xbox live games: Burnout 3...

genius.

16. masterapple04 macrumors regular

My tag's willhill, and the only thing I play is Halo 2. :cool: