Long time member, first time user

Discussion in 'Community' started by Deefuzz, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

Well I thought I would share a little good fortune with you all.

I've been a member here for almost a year (joined in January '04)

Had a long time interest in the Mac ever since I lived with a friend of mine in college who was a huge Mac fan. He had a blue iMac, and I played with it here and there from time to time. This sparked my interest initially.

Last year for Christmas I received an iPod. This was my gateway into the world of Apple technology. I loved that little device, and continue to use it constantly. This just fueled my insatiable obsession for the Macintosh.

On Dec 31st I turned 25, and my parents thought it was a big deal so they gave me a 20 inch iMac! I couldn't belive my eyes, I pinched myself a couple times to make sure it was real!

So now I am finally a Mac user. And it feels good. I haven't done TOO much on it yet but so far I love it. I imported all of my digital photos into iPhoto as well as transferred some of my MP3 albums to the Mac. I spent sometime watching DVDs on the beautiful 20 inch screen. I am glad to have finally had the chance for this experience.

I still have much to learn and experience, but I look forward to the journey. I have read other switch stories and such before, and just thought maybe someone might crack a small heart-warming smile reading mine.

I took pics too which I will share sometime in the near future if so desired.

Thanks for reading!

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

That is fantastic news: Good for you... and your incredibly generous and thoughtful parents.

Hope you have a good time with your new machine but I've no doubt of that :)

3. iLikeMyiMac macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

Just curious but did you go to college in St. Louis? If yes, where?

4. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Welcome to the world of the Mac, Deefuzz. Your story brought a smile to my face. A very lucky guy to have such wonderful and thoughtful parents. Yes, I would like to see your pictures.

5. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Congrats, you are truly Blessed. Enjoy the new Mac system. Let us know if we can be any help.

6. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I read this, not realizing that there is a little location bar on the left, and thought, "wow, that is an incredibly random thing to ask, what are the chances that some random person on a forum would have gone to college in St. Louis?", then I saw the location bar and felt berry berry silly. :eek:

7. urban1985_ macrumors regular

Welcome to the world of Macs. I'm still fairly new here, but so far, I'm really liking it. I can never go back... unless I have to, for work or something.

8. mms macrumors 6502a

Congrats and welcome. As long as you follow basic common sense (and I see you've been using correct capitalization for the product names... great start!) you'll find that mostly everyone here is willing to help.

9. Deefuzz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

Haha, thank you for all of the kind words everyone. It helps keep me on a high that I have been on since I got the iMac.

iLikeMyiMac: No, I went to college at the University of Illinois in Champaign. My parents and I lived in Southern Illinois (well, they still do) and I moved into the city after getting full time employment.

wdlove: Pictures are on the way! ;)

And thank you all once again! :)

10. Deefuzz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

pictures!

Firstly the full album of my new mac is here: http://www.deefuzz.com/gallery/imac

Here are a few to enjoy though:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Theres about 20 in the album at my site.

Thanks for lookin! :)

11. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Nice pics and a nice way to be introduced to the Mac world! Enjoy your new computer :)

12. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i wish i had an new iMac under my tree this chirstmas

lucky dude!

enjoy your machine and obviously if you have any questions here is the place to ask, just remember to search! :p ;)

13. Deefuzz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

thanks again for all the kind comments!

You guys make a newbie user feel right at home :)

14. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

15. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Very nice pictures, thank you for sharing. It's nice to have you, no problem. ;)

16. hcuar macrumors 65816

hcuar

Congrats!!! It looks great! You'll be trying to get everyone to switch before you know it.