Long Uptime Oddness

Discussion in 'macOS' started by paleck, Dec 2, 2006.

1. paleck macrumors 6502a

paleck

My Mac has been running for about 60 days and is starting to exhibit one or two odd behaviors. One thing I noticed is that I no longer get the spinning rainbow, but now I get a watch. The second thing I noticed is that some of the shortcut/key commands aren't working, ie F9-F12 will no longer do anything.

Has anyone else noticed this? If so post your uptime and the oddities you have seen. Or just tell me that I am crazy, I won't take it personally. :D

Attached Files:

2. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

yah your crazy. I've had a G5 sitting in the corner of my room on for months, file and bittorent server. I never use the gui so I haven't noticed anything crazy.

3. paleck thread starter macrumors 6502a

paleck

Like I said, I don't take it personally. I just noticed this yesterday and thought I would throw it out there. It could be completely unrelated. :cool:

4. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

while it might be unrelated, it sure doesn't help. Any reason you keep it constantly up?

5. paleck thread starter macrumors 6502a

paleck

It has a backup of all of my files both personally and for work so I keep it always online so I can get to it even when I am not there. Of course it does go to show just how stable OSX is...

6. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

mines been up for 40 days. Just installed vnc due to me not having a keyboard to hit enter to run the command in terminal.

7. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Do you play World of Warcraft? It seems to intermittently unbind the Exposé keys.

8. paleck thread starter macrumors 6502a

paleck

Not recently (in the time since my last reboot) on this computer.