Longest USB extension???

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Dopeyman, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Dopeyman macrumors 6502a

I wanna connect my DirectTV to my EyeTV..... But my iMac is about 15-20 feet away.. So I'm gonna need a USB extension cable in that length... Does anyone know where I can get one that long? I think the longest that I've seen was about 3-5 feet...

EDIT: And I can't run a coaxial cable cause my box doesn't have one... It's a HD box and it doesn't have any coaxial outs, just one IN....

Duh!! I'm such an idiot.. Instead of running a longer USB, I'll just run longer RCA's and S-Video... LOL!!

Nevermind this post..... :D

2. dextertangocci macrumors 68000

Just for the record, a USB cable can't be longer than about 4 - 5 meters.

3. Dopeyman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cool.. thanks for the info....

And I basically answered my own question/dilemma....

4. Dopeyman thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't wanna create another thread, but this is in regards to a problem with my EyeTV.....

Sometimes when I load up the EyeTV software, I get an error saying that it has to be connected to a USB 2.0 port... Well, I do have it connected to a 2.0 port, directly to my iMac.... And the way to fix it, is to disconnect it and then re-connect it... Now, I didn't mind the first couple of times, but now it's getting pretty irritating... I've also had it connected to a 7 port, external powered, hub and I would sometimes get the same error....

Anyone else having this problem?? Is there a firmware upgrade?

And I do have the latest version of the EyeTV software....

This is the product in question.....