Longhorn beta discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DavidLeblond, Sep 16, 2004.

1. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

I was wondering if anyone here has played with the Longhorn beta yet? I looked at an earlier beta a few months ago, and I just tried to install the current one.

I got as far as partitioning the hard drive before the install blue-screened on me, but what I saw actually impressed me. The install almost felt like a Linux installer. ... Of course, I've never had a Linux installer blue-screen on me...

Maybe later I'll try to see if I can get it to work. I know we're all Mac users here, and I don't think we need another thread on Windows bashing... thats too easy. Just if anyone's played with the beta, I'm curious as to what they thought. And before anyone gets on my case, yes the beta was obtained legally :).

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I think the last version I installed was 4072, and quite honestly I didn't think much of it at all. But then that shouldn't really be a surprise, it is still only in early alpha builds. It's gonna take until we get some release candidates before we know what it'll really be like.