Longing for the aqua look in iTunes 7?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by VanNess, Sep 20, 2006.

1. VanNess macrumors 6502a

VanNess

Yes you are and you know it. Don't lie. :rolleyes:

If you're one of those less than enamored with Apple's decision to go the retro route with iT7's buttons, controls, and scrollbars that look decidedly out of place and frankly - anti-OSX, well it should come as no surprise that someone has come to the rescue.

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to bring back the eq or visualizer buttons, those still remain victims of the iT7 UI massacre. I also don't know if affects the eq controls which also took a thorough beating in iT7.

Personally haven't tried this because I rolled back to iT6 which I'm perfectly fine with.

Welcome home, iT7...

[​IMG]

2. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

I'm not going to link the them all AGAIN, but there are many of these out there, including more than one that came right from users on this forum. The one at Mac Themes is also good. Personally this one doesn't appeal to me because of the 'aqua where there never was aqua' buttons at the bottom.

This one is pretty good:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=234906

3. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    I don't get it..

The look between aqua and whatever iTunes 7 is, is very minimal....why do people care?

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

doesn't do anything for my biggest complaint - the bold in the source view. what a space hog.

5. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

doesn't bother me. but i can understand some people wanting continuity throughout the OS. one of the biggest complaints i hear about OSX is that it is not well unified. Safari, for example, is still in brushed metal while iPhoto has that grey color.

6. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

The two biggest problems are the new scrollbars and the new play/rew/ff buttons. Definitely not 'aqua'.

It's funny, but if you download the new Xtorrent beta, you can see what Apple's new UI elements used in iTunes 7 would look like of done CORRECTLY. And in that app, they actually look good.

7. VanNess thread starter macrumors 6502a

VanNess

There is a separate remedy for that, although it's not exactly the most user-friendly solution, but doable nonetheless.