Look who´s back..."I´m angry"!!!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by pacoarango, Jul 17, 2002.

1. pacoarango macrumors newbie

Everyone thrashed me a couple of threads down (yesterday) for saying I would be upset over no power mac increases in NYC. Maybe now I will find a few friends amongst you...Yeah, I´m pissed.

2. pgwalsh macrumors 68000

pgwalsh

I'm rather disappointed. I was really pissed earlier, but I've calm down a bit. I’m more upset that I got up at 5:55 to watch the keynote and felt letdown by SJ. The new applications look great! I’m really excited about iCal and the Mail program. I don’t really care about the iPod, but Apple clearly does. I think the Palm sync may be a winner, and I’m in the market for a PDA phone.

I don't want to wait until August for a new PowerMac. I don't want to spend $3K for the current top model, but I need a new Mac now. Granted the machine is probably very fast, but I wanted the latest technology in the new Mac I buy. Not the 133Mhz bus speed. I was looking forward to DDR ram and ATA 133. When I buy a Mac, I look at it as a long-term investment of 3 years maybe 4. In my opinion I don’t think the current top of the line model is a good 3-year investment.

So, I'm disappointed and I guess if I'll have to wait. I am not going to put down the kind of money they are asking for the current models. I just don’t think it’s worth it. I don't need a new monitor so the deals on those aren't enticing me to buy. Even if they “do,” announce them next month, I’ll have to wait a while to receive mine.

Bummer…

3. big macrumors 65816

big

A phone? no upgraded processors? we have to wait till next year for new powermacs? I'm guessing apple will only see sales in jaguar software for awhile

4. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Next year???

They better have a reason for the current PowerMac + Display promo ending August 12th...new PowerMacs in August dammit!!!

5. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

(With the exception of Rower_CPU)

Whine, whine, whine, b*tch, b*tch, b*tch! can't you people do anything else? it was obvious as hell there weren't going to be powermacs at this expo. we did, however get a release date for 10.2, some d@mn good-looking iApps, a 17" iMac, and a price mark-down on the old top of the line model! what more do you want?

6. big macrumors 65816

big

>Whine, whine, whine

I'll need some wine to help drink down all this crap, I really want to see some major speed improvements, I'm tired of being the "slow guy" on the block

Plus, the whole fact of- "OH, you can have this Great software when were done with it" clause. How about yesterday. When 10.1 should have been Beta, and 10.2 the final build.

I know a product when I see one, I know when it could use improvement, I certainly will not waste my money on yet another G4 though, note, these aren't cars...there's no speed limit

7. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

8. pgwalsh macrumors 68000

pgwalsh

Re: just...

There's nothing wrong with being upset about not having new PowerMacs. I'm sure most of us have "gotten over it," but that doesn't mean we can't express our disappointment.

If nothing comes in August are you going to continue telling people to "get over it?" I hope not, because we consider ourselves valuable customers of Apple and we want to express our concerns, whether it's to Apple or to other users. I'm certainly not going to listen to someone with the name "evildead" telling me to "get over it."

It's perfectly acceptable for individuals to be "angry" that there's no new PowerMacs. We're ready to buy when they're ready to offer us something worth buying. We're just tired of waiting for that opportunity.

9. Ifeelbloated macrumors regular

Let me stick up for Apple for a moment.
    They are trying to do in 2 years what took the entire industry 10.
    Get new OS out the door and accepted, hardware to complement it, and developers to rally around it.
    You impatient little...oh never mind.

10. pgwalsh macrumors 68000

pgwalsh

They have 4 billion in the bank, so they could push it out. :eek:

I'm not bashing Apple and I'm not being impatient. I'm anxious and excited. There's a difference. I can't wait to show off the new OS and hardware to my PC and Linux friends. I've already got a couple of them very interested. I'm waiting for the good-stuff, just expressing my disappointment that it's not already here. :D

I don't consider myself little considering I'm 6'0", 190 lbs, and bench 315. But, if you consider that little then what can I say. :rolleyes:

11. King Cobra macrumors 603

>I don't consider myself little considering I'm 6'0", 190 lbs, and bench 315. But, if you consider that little then what can I say. :rolleyes:
    How much can you leg press? Or deadlift? :rolleyes:

Both of you, STƒU already! This is absolutely retarded. Why the bleeding heck are you two fighting over something as little as emotion? As for Jaguar, OS X has been in the works and has been completely redesigned from scratch with the original version, 10.0. Puma was a modest update, but had several problems. Jaguar may be as close as one can get from a perfect OS, because Apple busted their loyal ashes improving the OS in every which way you can think of. If it is that close to perfect, then maybe you should think about why you are complaining about some price tag, or a .1 update (.1 to .2).

But if you two want to keep bytching about it, start eating out of a jar with a plastic spoon, wear a bib, drink from a cup with a lid, suck on your pacifiers and get some damn rest in a crib for all I care. But, first, leave the forums, as this isn't the place to act like 2 year olds.

12. pgwalsh macrumors 68000

pgwalsh

We're just having fun. No harm involved, but if it bothers you that much... You don't have to read the thread either.

Legg press is 720

13. King Cobra macrumors 603

I thought you two were serious. For some reason it just seems hard to pick out when it's real or pretend.

That's not too bad for someone nearly double my age. I'm just under 17 and I can do 420. But that would be my strongest area.

14. pgwalsh macrumors 68000

pgwalsh

Thanks for making me feel like an old man. ****! :p

I'm almost never serious. Just like to have fun at my "old" age. ****!

15. King Cobra macrumors 603

Easy, big guy. At 40 you may have some problems... :D :rolleyes: :eek: :D

16. Ifeelbloated macrumors regular

17. King Cobra macrumors 603

Let's see...you're shorter than me, smaller than me, and you like to chase cars. Sounds about right. :D

BTW, guys, I suggest we get back on topic. If you want to talk about this athletic scheme or other, do it by PM, as pgwalsh has been doing.

18. menoinjun macrumors 6502a

menoinjun

Re: Look who´s back..."I´m angry"!!!!!

Acutally I still think that you're a stupid little s@#t and I'm glad that you're pissed of about MWNY.

Take that PC and have fun with it. I hope it only crashes once a day, if you're lucky.

BTW- I wouldn't have posted such a rude post if you didn't send me a rude email. I allow other to see my email address for positive comments or discussion, not to spam me with bitching and moaning. Please don't continue that.

-Pete

19. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

maybe the display promo is to get rid of the displays, not just the PowerMacs. All the displays, other than the 23" still sport a blue Apple logo left over from the graphite era. they may just want to release the new ones with the silver(or whatever) logo. a blue logo on your display and a silver one on your machine is very
    un-Apple. may be trivial but i think it matters to their whole design scheme. at this point i would rather wait until January and get a whole new proc(G5?) than buy a DDR and minor speedbumed G4 now. i still think it's possible they may do this.