Looking 2 find some Mac friends in Pa.

Discussion in 'Community' started by dMac2k3, Feb 21, 2003.

1. dMac2k3 macrumors newbie

Hello people. I'm new here in the Mac Forum. And I'm looking 4 some new friends. I'd like 2 expand my circle of Mac friends. I'd prefer some in Pa, that I could get 2gether with, but I'd b happy 2 chat with people all over the world. I hope 2 hear from u!!

ROCK ON!!!!!! :D

2. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

I'm don't live in Pennsylvania, but anyway, welcome to MacRumors!

Enjoy the site! :D

3. dMac2k3 thread starter macrumors newbie

thank u

Thanks MacFan25..............It's good 2 know there r still friendly people around. Or is it only us MacFans ;)

ROCK ON!!!!!!

4. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

u know 'ole Moxiemike is in PGH...

u should look him up next time he's around... ;)

5. dMac2k3 thread starter macrumors newbie

PGH is on the other side of the state, but I will look him up!!! Thanx 4 the info!!

ROCK ON!!!!!!

6. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Oh geez. I used to drive through Pottstown all the time when I lived around Philly.

You'll probably find closer Mac users in NJ than in PA.

7. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

ah...yeah...sorry about that...I didn't realize the geographical locations...

still...he's a cool dude...I've hung out with him...did the whole FLUX party thing...

even snuck into some abandoned insane asylums for late night photography... ;)

8. dMac2k3 thread starter macrumors newbie

U used 2 drive through? I wish I could just drive through. I probably could find more peeps around Jerzee, but there was an Apple store that recently opened in King of Prussia. That's only 20 minutes away from me, so hopefully that'll bring some people around my area!!!!

9. dMac2k3 thread starter macrumors newbie

an abandoned insane asylum, huh? There's one not far from me as well, if u ever get up here, maybe we can chill there!!! hahahaha :)

ROCK ON!!!

10. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

hell yeah...I'm definitely coming back up between now & summer...just wanna wait till the season shifts and the weather gets a bit..."nicer" :cool:

11. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i live in waynesboro... well my parents do. i'll be living there for a while during my post college job search

it's kinda near gettysburgh.

12. dMac2k3 thread starter macrumors newbie

Can't say that I've ever heard of Waynesboro. And I haven't been 2 Gettysburgh since elementary school (thanks 4 reminding me how old I am) ;)

13. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It seems to me there was a lot of cruising on some street--King Street maybe? It's been 10 years or more so I don't remember clearly. Is Pottstown where there's an Armand Hammer Blvd. or would that be Reading?

I would have liked to had an Apple store available back then, but the Micro Center in Radnor (U.S. 30 and the blue route) was great and then, they opened the CompUSA in King of Prussia so there was no lack of Apple equipment or software by the time I left in 1996.

Never know when I'll be back. I'm really missing Philly these days.

14. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

check out the map. look just by the maryland border. about 20ish miles north of frederick and such..... it's actually got a pretty big name on maps... and it's a pretty sizable town

my grandparents live in west chester (near philly). and my other grandma lives in natrona heights near pittsburgh...

15. dMac2k3 thread starter macrumors newbie

well Jelloshotsrule (which they do) :)

I at least know where ur grandparents r. West Chester is about 40 minutes south of Pottstown.

16. dMac2k3 thread starter macrumors newbie

Pottstown's cruising is still pretty big (all u dirty ppl....we're talking about cars) ;)!!!!!The street is High Street. I remember people used 2 come from all around. I don't pay much attention 2 what goes on down there, so I don't know where ppl come from, but it still goes on!!

Micro Center was where I saw my first Macs (other than at my best friend's). I purchased my eMac at CompUSA, but in Delaware (4 obvious reasons 4 those of u that live around here). But now that the Apple store is here, I have a new play ground!!!! ;)

17. trebblekicked macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

jeez. my ex lived in west chester. i live in pittsburgh, and i had to drive her home every month and a half. spent a lot of time there (and on the pa turnpike as well). The wawa-to-people ratio is better in west chester than anywhere else in the world.

welcome to macrumors, dMac2k3.

18. dMac2k3 thread starter macrumors newbie

1st off, thanks 4 the welcome trebblekicked........2nd the wawa-to-people ratio is growing by the second. I've never seen so many Wawas and everytime I turn around, they're building a new one. We're finally getting one here in Pottstown. We're hittin the big time now!!! :D

19. Jaykay macrumors 6502a

Jaykay

hey hey hey....!

I have no idea of where any of these places are but what the hey, mac people rule...

20. dMac2k3 thread starter macrumors newbie

Re: hey hey hey....!

U r so correct!!!!!

ROCK ON!!!!!!

21. Jaykay macrumors 6502a

Jaykay

ohh right... duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (PCs)

22. jaykk macrumors 6502a

I am in PGH too

I just moved to PGH from Westchester,NY about 2 months ago. I miss my 3 nearby apple stores in NY, I hope apple will have a store in pittsburgh soon. Welcome to MacRumors..

23. dMac2k3 thread starter macrumors newbie

Re: I am in PGH too

Now that I have an Apple Store near me, I want everyone in the world 2 have one also. So, hopefully, they'll hook u up!!!! ;)

ROCK ON!!!!

d

24. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Oh come on, the Wawa-to-people ratio is highest in Wawa, PA on U.S. 1 between Springfield and Maryland. :D

For those who don't know, Wawa is a dairy with 24-hour convenience stores.

I'm feeling really homesick now.

25. dMac2k3 thread starter macrumors newbie

Never heard of Wawa, Pa........but now it makes sense y Wawa is running wild in Pa now-a-days.

:D

ROCK ON!!!!