Looking at Apple Mighty Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Hicks., Nov 18, 2006.

1. Hicks. macrumors regular

Hicks.

I'm looking at buying a wireless BT Mighty Mouse from eBay. Is there a standard version and a Mighty version? Noticed some people advertise it without Mighty in the title.

Any other cheap places for a second hand one?

2. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

Apple's "old" mouse was the one button mouse. I don't believe they sell them anymore. "Mighty" mouse is the one with the left & right click, scroll ball, and side buttons. So yes, there is a difference. You should be able to tell be the picture though. (Mighty mouse will have the grayish scroll ball in the middle.)

3. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

If you look around in the forums, there have been a lot of people complaining that the scroll ball simply stops working. Seems to me that the wired version has some problems...but i don't know about the wireless/bluetooth version.

4. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Well I have the BT MM and never had any issues with it. I personally would check your apple store and sometimes you can pick up a refreshed one there on the side counter

5. gekko513 macrumors 603

gekko513

And the fix is to clean it.

6. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

yeah, i don't have one yet so i can't comment on my personal opinion. I was just saying..."in general".