Looking for a Backpack!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by bobkinder, Aug 2, 2005.

1. bobkinder macrumors newbie

Jul 31, 2005
    I've finally made the switch from PC's to Apple! I ordered my Powerbook G4, 15" yesterday. I'm getting ready to order a Waterfield Sleevecase also. I'm searching for a suitable backpack that will hold the Sleevecase. There is a BUNCH of options out there. Does anyone have a system that they recommend? :confused:
  2. YS2003 macrumors 68020

Dec 24, 2004
    Finally I have arrived.....
    sticky on bags

There are so many posts on this sticky thread. I picked a Brenthoven and Blooq bag for my PB. For no frill compact bag, I sometimes use the inCase bag which you can buy at the Apple Store.
  3. javiercr macrumors 6502

Apr 12, 2005
  4. Cloudgazer macrumors 6502

Apr 22, 2005
    The previous posts are correct.
    Crumpler is awesome.
    The Base Toucher model is perfect for a 15" pbook with a sleeve.
  5. ph0rce macrumors 6502

Jun 25, 2005
  6. bobkinder thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 31, 2005
    Crumplers do look cool..

Thanks guys...I looked through the entire thread yesterday on laptop bags. I specifically want a backpack and am looking at the Crumpler site right now! Is the Base Toucher big enough to hold all of the accessories and a couple of books, etc? :)
  7. spencerwatts macrumors newbie

Nov 6, 2004

TimBuk2's bag's aren't that expensive (Mine was 117.50 w/ Shipping). They last for-ev-er. Their easy to wash (just pop them into the machine, but no drying, it'll melt.), water proof, and can hold alot. I'd go for the smallest size.
  8. wako macrumors 65816

Jun 6, 2005
    Ahh... thanks for reminding me that I need a new book bag for the coming semester...

I just bought one and I bought it off of ebags.com

I just the Oakley Icon Backpack 2.0 because I've seen my friend use it before and he is VERY careless. He throws his stuff around all the time. Literally throws and somehow his phone and everything else he has still seems to be alive. Since it has a laptop compartment on it and looks way better then most laptop book bags I decided to get this one. Also for the fact its WAY BIGGER then any other book bag I can find and that I want.
  9. diego2k7 macrumors newbie

Aug 1, 2005

I strongly recommend incase as their products are as sleek as they are functional. I have the graphite sling-pack and its a wonder.
  10. Zman5225 macrumors 6502a

May 15, 2005
    Tacoma WA
    lol, when I first went to the site I was like uhhhhhhhh.......but I agree good stuff!
  11. public enemy macrumors regular

public enemy

Jun 7, 2005
    base it on your style...

i dont know what kinda of style you are, but the bag i use is the burton dj bag (houndstooth). itis a little larger, but fits my ibook wih extra room for books, folders etc. also has a crush proof case for headphones and an ipod case built in. check it. at ebags its on sale and free shipping! just a throw out to help you out