Looking for a bag/case to put my MBP 15" in, suggestions?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by SandersHokie, Dec 6, 2006.

1. SandersHokie macrumors 6502

2. ViM macrumors regular

3. knowledg333 macrumors member

In my opinion, the best bags for your money can be found here:

www.booqbags.com

Checkem' out.

4. ducksrfr macrumors member

5. cecildk9999 macrumors regular

cecildk9999

I really like the Alley bags; I have the olive green one, and have used it daily for transport over the last 2 months. It's comfortable and practical; you can fit your laptop, a binder/textbook, and other small things in the pouches. The protection is enough for any bumps or scrapes you might encounter as you walk around, but not good enough for a real fall (no personal experience, just my opinion on the bag). Great multipurpose bag; I would not recommend it if you need to carry several books, the laptop, and the power brick. Also, get it from Radtech's site; they only have black and green, but it's cheaper:

http://www.radtech.us/Products/ShoulderBags.aspx#Alley

6. topgun072003 macrumors 6502

topgun072003

I also use a bag similar to this and I love it. My timbuk2 bag has been put through some serious abuse and has kept my 15" PB in great condition. It really is a great bag.

7. SandersHokie thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks. I'm graduating this May and was just looking for a bag for Christmas for travel purposes. I think i'm going to get that one in Black. It seems to be able to hold power cords and a laptop and possibly a mouse. That's pretty much all I need it for, and then some papers maybe.

8. SandersHokie thread starter macrumors 6502

question, do you use a sleeve with that bag? or does it have enough protection that a sleeve is not necessary?

9. rjsbass macrumors member

DAKINE DUEL PACK =D! its a really nice backpack for laptops like yours. it also looks very nice