1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Looking for a bag that does not break the bank

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by gus6464, Apr 4, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

Anyone have any suggestions on an ipad bag that is not too big and will hold:

iPad 2 inside Treegloo case
    Apple wireless keyboard
    Sprint Overdrive Pro
    misc cables

2. macrumors regular

You shouldn't be in Apple Land if you cannot afford expensive things. Apple takes pride in their premium pricing and they need the money. :)

3. macrumors 68000

4. macrumors regular

As far as not breaking the bank I was thinking of something in the $50 range.

5. macrumors newbie

If you live near an REI - the classic small messenger bag from timbuk 2 seems to fit the bill. In the gray/gray combination that's linked the price is $49.83. I picked one up over the weekend and am not completely sold on the color but it is definitely the cheapest/good quality bag i could find.

Use the find in store feature to save yourself some $$ on shipping!

http://www.rei.com/product/797680

6. macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Might be a decent choice... but might be a tight fit if the Scout DP-0966 that I got today is any indication. Depends on how stuffed you want the bag to be. With my iPad 2 with the Smart Cover, the iPad 2 fits nicely in the area for the iPad. Have to see about getting my iPad 1 back with the Apple Case to see if it might be a wee tight...

Have to play around with it some for a better review... but like it so far for what I was thinking of for a vertical iPad bag did not break the bank. I really wanted a Muzetto - but the cost mainly, and the lead time kept me away.

I scored mine on Amazon for $35 + $9 shipping... I had wanted a black one, but went with the olive for cost and that I could have it this week. Ordered it on the 4th and got it today via Gizmosforlife on Amazon.

The Scout XS/iPad sized bags seem to hard to find right now... The link that I bought mine from is showing $50 to $55 right now. :( Will have to test things out when I have time in the next week or so and see if it meets the needs of the OP, like Clixpix review of the Muzetto so long ago..

7. macrumors regular

+1 Timbuk2

8. macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Good choice if size matters.. but the iPad demands less bulk IMO...

9. macrumors regular

10. macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

11. macrumors 6502a

To be honest I find paying $50 or more for a "bag" for the iPad pretty absurd. I found a very nice Targus brand bag labeled "Made for iPad" for only $25 at Walmart. It fits the iPad 2 perfectly and there's plenty of room for a MiFi/Overdrive/etc and some cables and other stuff.

12. macrumors G3

Geckotek

I almost got this for my 13" Vaio but went with a Targus instead for some reason. Either way, I'm in agreement that bags that were built for 13" laptops seem a bit big for the iPad.

I'm looking for a bag that's just a bit smaller and doesn't scream "murse". I'm hoping for a smallish classy leather messenger. Canvas is an option as well.

13. macrumors regular

Reason I decided to try out the small case was because I wasn't sure if the x-small one would let me fit my Beyerdynamic cans for when I go on long trips with my portable headphone amp.