Looking for a "cheap" iPod compatible radio

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by mainstreetmark, Feb 13, 2006.

1. mainstreetmark macrumors 68020

mainstreetmark

Hello fans.

I'm in the market to get a relatively inexpensive car stereo that can control the iPod, and NOT simply an FM transmitter solution.

This will go in my 1980 Jeep, which lacks various things such as a radio, speakers, antenna (fuel gauge, temp gauge, doors, roof).

So, I plan to stick the iPod in something waterproof and safe somewhere, and then be able to control the thing from this new radio on the dashboard (which will also get some waterproof box thing, too).

If this radio also had a built in CB, then that would be extra-nice. If it also had a marine band radio..well.. can't win them all.

Ideas?

2. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Sorry, no advice, but I just wanted to say that I'd love to see pictures of your Jeep. I'm a big Jeep fan myself. :D

3. d_saum macrumors 6502

d_saum

I hear ya! I have a deck that plays MP3's right now so I'm not going to upgrade just yet, but if you look HERE there are some good choices! Good luck and I also would love to see some pics of the jeep. ;)

PS. also if you ever get a car that you want to integrate more than just an iPod, check out www.MP3Car.com

4. mainstreetmark thread starter macrumors 68020

mainstreetmark

Heh. Sure!

I'll attach a pic of mine, and link you guys to the pics of an event we had last month.

Yahoo pics

Attached Files:

5. Timepass macrumors 65816

6. d_saum macrumors 6502

d_saum

hehe...sweeeeet!!!! Im jealous.