Looking for a checkbook register App.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by neoelectronaut, Jan 22, 2005.

1. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

I tried using Quicken for keeping a very basic digital copy of my check register, but I found Quicken's tendency of throwing all sorts of advanced options that I didn't want to use at me kind of unnerving.

So, can anyone reccomend a check register-only finance app?

2. weldon macrumors 6502a

weldon

I can't really offer a review, but I just downloaded a copy of "Checkbook" from Splasm software. I wanted something to keep track of my kid's allowance, expenses, savings, etc. because I'm getting tired of the paper ledgers. I got as far as setting up all the accounts and it appears that I can transfer money back and forth pretty easily. I think it will work great for my needs. It would probably work really well that was keeping track of a scout troop budget or something like that as well.

You can try it for free and the registration fee is only $15.

http://www.splasm.com/products/productcheckbook.html

Check it out.

3. Toppa G's macrumors 6502

I second the endorsement for Checkbook - I paid for the registration - it's a great little app as long as I use it :D..works really slick and has some user-definable categories etc.

4. 420maggot macrumors newbie

5. soloer macrumors 6502a

soloer

I'm hoping he had already found something in the 4 years since he posted the question ;)

6. lstubble44 macrumors newbie

7. js81 macrumors 65816

js81

I just use a really simple spreadsheet I made myself in Excel (you can use OpenOffice Calc, too). Column for date, transaction, amount, running total, and a "memo" field. Works great for me. I'd post the template, but I'm at work and its at home. :(

8. fcortese macrumors 68000

fcortese

It's been quite some time from the OP's first post. since this has been resurrected, I switched from Quicken to iBank 2 years ago when I first became a Mac user. It has served me very well ever since.

9. js81 macrumors 65816

js81

Yikes... didn't even notice how old it was. How do these things get brought back up? Then again, its people like myself that reply to the replies without checking dates... lol