Looking for a decent keyboard! Suggestions please!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mulletman13, Sep 13, 2006.

1. mulletman13 macrumors 6502a

mulletman13

Hey guys,

I absolutely love my MX1000, it makes using the mouse a joy. However I can't find anything equal to this on the keyboard level. Something that feels great, a great, full 'clicking' key depression, a wrist-rest, and maybe a couple buttons to control volume. I'm using a wireless Microsoft keyboard that gets the job done, but it doesn't particularly look nice, and hitting the keys feels a bit muddy.

I haven't ruled out buying a desktop set (using my mx1000 instead of the supplied mouse), but I'm looking for a good keyboard... can be wired or wireless.

2. islandman macrumors 6502

I was wondering the same thing. I use the Microsoft Wireless Desktop Pro set (mouse and keyboard) and it has many features that you're after. The unfortunate thing is that it doesn't have Mac-specific keys. I am used to it, though!

3. n8236 macrumors 65816

I just recently upgraded all my input devices and now it's a dream.

Mouse: I upgraded from the MX1000 to Rev. MX and it's a significant upgrade.

Keyboard: I just got rid of my logitech lx700 and got the Microsoft Ergonomic 4000. It can be had at CompUSA for 30 bux and another 10 bux rebate. @ $20, that's a steal! It's the most comfortable keyboard I've used to dat. U can't go wrong w/ that sort of price.It feels DAMN good.

4. mulletman13 thread starter macrumors 6502a

mulletman13

That ergonomic keyboard looks great!

Is it hard to get used to the split design?

Edit: Also, n8236 you said you upgraded from the MX1000? Is the ergonomics the same as the Rev? I was thinking of going G7, but the button layout is much worse and it isn't as comfortable.

5. n8236 macrumors 65816

At first i thought the ergo would be hard to get used to, but like anything else, it requires a bit of adjusting to. It's no BAR exam, but it does feel damn good when u get used to it.

The rev. mx is lighter, less bulky, more functional, less hunched than the mx1000. The free-spinning scroll doesn't seem all that, but after more use, it becomes indispensable. The heavy alloy wheel gives very good feedback. Not to mention the free-spinning and click-click mode switches automatically depending on the app!