Looking for a Display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by SpAtZ, Apr 19, 2006.

1. SpAtZ macrumors regular

I have a MBP and do a lot of photography. I am looking at the dell 24inch display. It has a great price if you get it refurbished here:http://outlet.us.dell.com/ARBOnline...InventorySearch?c=us&cs=22&l=en&lob=MON&s=dfh Has anyone ever tried getting a refurbrised display from dell? Is it a bad idea? Would it have signs of wear? Are there alternatives to the dell other than Apple at dells price? And it would work with my MBP right?

2. ipacmm macrumors 65816

ipacmm

I know dell always has different coupons online so before you buy anything at dell, I would check out dealcatcher.com or other online coupon sites to bring the price down a little more.

I am sure the refurbished display will be just like new, but if you want to pay a little more, I am sure you will see the brand new 24" display's on sale again in the $700s. Also, I heard the 24" display will be replaced soon, so you might be able to call dell up to see if they can do any better on the price.

3. MacsomJRR macrumors 6502a

MacsomJRR

I can't comment on how great the picture quality would be for someone who uses it for photography but as a student with a MBP and a Dell 24" I can tell you that they work fine with each other. The dell monitor is brighter than the MBP and its picture is crisp and clear. Highly recommended!:D

4. cwerdna macrumors 6502

Even though refurb Dell displays are usually a lot cheaper than new ones w/coupons (when they run their deals), I don't think the savings is worth the short warranty. New Dell LCDs (at least the 2001FP, 2005FPW and 2405FPW) all have 3 year warranties. A refurb version usually has only a 90 day warranty.