Looking for a DVD App Recommendation.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by neoelectronaut, Dec 11, 2005.

1. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

I downloaded the entire collection of the Live Action Sailor Moon series that aired in Japan last year, and being that we'll never see it on this side of the pond, I thought it'd be a treat to burn a few DVDs for my girlfriend for her to watch.

However, I'm looking for a app to make menus with, to encode with, the whole jazz. I have iDVD 2, but if it's not Quicktime files, it won't work, so I'm looking for another option. Nothing over $99 if possible.

I believe the files I'm using are encoded using the xvid encoder, so they need to be rencoded into something else. Be it within the same DVD program or a pre-processing thing, either would be find.

So, can anyone help me out? :)

2. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I'm really not sure of what I'm talking about (or what you're talking about for that matter :p) but one thing sounded familiar-- Handbrake is an app that can take video ts files (and maybe other types) and encode them into QT friendly files.

I'm sure someone else will have more helpful info for you. :eek:

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

iDVD can handle any format for which you have a QuickTime codec. Download and install DivX 6, 3ivx, XviD_Codec, AC3, etc.

4. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

I think AC3 is broken under Tiger, but I'm not really sure.

Anyway, if you want to create simple menus maybe Toast 7 will do the trick for you.

www.roxio.com

5. Guntis macrumors member

Guntis

6. road dog macrumors regular

definitely toast is the easiest way.
    has an ac3 decoder built-in... so if the audio is ac3.. it will be ok.