Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DanW87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2016
Hello

I'm struggling to find a specific browser app as there is so many out there in the App Store.

Im looking for a page specific browser that:

1. When opened it immediately goes to a set website, like a homepage I suppose

2. The app will be full screen, no search/address bar etc required

Anyone know of an app that can do this?

Cheers
Dan

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
most browsers can do that i.E. safari ? FireFox?

for safari make sure in "view" menu you have no toolbars selected to appear and then choose "customize" remove the search bar and any other things you don't want - then hit the green button on the top left corner and you should have a full screen browser with no other menu's

You can move the mouse to the menu bar still to access any menu - not sure why you would want something that bare bones but that should do the trick?

DanW87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2016
most browsers can do that i.E. safari ? FireFox?

for safari make sure in "view" menu you have no toolbars selected to appear and then choose "customize" remove the search bar and any other things you don't want - then hit the green button on the top left corner and you should have a full screen browser with no other menu's

You can move the mouse to the menu bar still to access any menu - not sure why you would want something that bare bones but that should do the trick?

Thanks for your reply mikzn

Sorry I should have mentioned I'm trying to do this on an iPhone/iPad

From the springboard on my idevice I just want to tap on an app that will instantly open my set url in full screen mode (in this case, a webpage hosted on a small server I have)

Cheers

albebaubles

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2010
Sierra in view
Ann app like you're requesting would take mere minutes to create. If you're still needing some help PM me, I'll build you an enterprise distributed app real quick.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.