Looking for a .gif animation program.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by neoelectronaut, Sep 19, 2004.

1. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

I used to take video files of all sorts and drop them into JASC Animation Shop, crop them, resize them, remove unnecessary frames, and cut the colors down to save on file size...but that was on Windows. Can someone reccomend something similar for OS X?

I have Imageready, but I'm not too familar with it. If someone could get me a good guide for that that will explain how to do what I want to, that would suffice.

Thanks folks.

2. slughead macrumors 68030

slughead

Make your images in photoshop, and make a new image with each layer being a frame of your animation

then go file ->send to -> imageready

then, when in imageready, go to window->animation (if it's not already)

fool with the visibility of the layer to get your first frame, then duplicate the image in the animation window, then fool with the layer visibility for that frame

repeat until done, you'll notice little menus at the bottom of the images in your animation window, that's the amount of seconds.. hit "play" to view

when you're done, export to web, 1 slice, yadda yadda yadda

3. neoelectronaut thread starter macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

Yeah, I know how to do that, and that's all fine in good if I'm manually making the images frame by frame, but I want to drop a movie into Photoshop, have it make every frame of the movie a frame in the animation, take the duplicate frames and adjust the timing for them, and optimize it...make sense?

4. slughead macrumors 68030

slughead

You're going to have to use another program to get the image sequence, I know quicktime (pro ??) does this, try imovie maybe?

5. neoelectronaut thread starter macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

Okay, if QTPro does it, do you know how?

6. ezkimo macrumors regular

Open QT PRo
    go File->Open image sequence
    Export

7. neoelectronaut thread starter macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

When I do that, the .mov I wish to open is "grayed out" and unselectable.

Keep going.