Looking for a good audio ripper

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by c-Row, Sep 6, 2006.

1. c-Row macrumors 65816

c-Row

I got several CDs which come with a hidden track located before Track 01, e.g. you got to rewind manually to 0:00 and further (say, to -6:30) to listen to these.

I am able to rip those tracks using Exact Audio Copy on PC, but iTunes and other software doesn't seem to recognize nor show these. With EAC, I can set a certain section on the whole CD track and have it rip this "Track 0" to HDD. Examples are Hybrid's latest albums (Morning Sci-Fi, I Choose Noise) and some other german releases.

Is there an OS X application that can handle these? And no, without using Bootcamp or Parallels. ;)

2. Queso macrumors G4

Wiretap Pro might meet your needs. It intercepts the output of the audio chip before it hits the speakers and creates an MP3 or AAC file from it, so all you have to do is hit record then play the song once to create a seperate file from it.

3. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    In iTunes, can you rewind the song to where the hidden track is?

If you can, then I would highlight the song, Get info>options, and change the start and stop times to isolate the hidden track. Then Click at the top of iTunes, Advanced>convert selection to Mp3 or whatever format you want it to be in...

It should create a new track with just the hidden song. Don't forget to go back and change the times on the original track to the original times..

4. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Audio Hijack will work for free for anything shorter than 10 minutes, if I am correct.

5. c-Row thread starter macrumors 65816

c-Row

Not exactly what I was looking for, but I wanted to ask for such an application as well, so you apparently read my mind. :) Thank you.

Thanks quigleybc, I will try it that way and report back.