Looking for a good GSM phone...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iMacZealot, Aug 13, 2006.

1. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

I'm thinking about getting T-Mobile prepaid because my Verizon phone is having several issues. I want to get something inexpensive for unlocked, but nothing limited. It'd be nice to have a clam with at least a camera and $100 or less. I've been looking at two phones: the Nokia 6101 ($99 through T-M) and my Sprint Nokia 3390. I'm not sure if that's unlocked or not, but the only place where it says Sprint is on the SIM card. Is there anything else I should be looking at? Thanks.

2. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

I have a Limited Edition RAZR for sale.

It differs from other RAZRs as it has a Megapixel camera, TransFlash memory card slot - and iTunes.

You can plug it into your PC/Mac, and import songs. It even plays Music Store purchases, and has the same interface as the iPod.

Brand New - £145 with £13 to cover US shipping (£158)

Theres pictures of it in the marketplace thread.

Edit: Also fully unlocked and with no network provider/carrier software or logos anywhere

3. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

Thanks, but no thanks. T-Mobile just added the t209 to their prepaid phone lineup, and I might get that. And besides, I can get a new RAZR V3i from hellomoto.com unlocked for less that what you're selling yours for. Sorry!

4. kaboutertje macrumors regular

kaboutertje

I like the look of the razr (only reason I bought one), but the samsung e900 is quite good too, and got a amazing screen.

And my favourite in functionality is a blackberry. If you just want a phone to call or show off with I would pick the razr v3i, or a golden nokia 8800 :)
    [​IMG]

Sorry didn't notice your budget, sub $100 hmmm, I would go for a:

motorola l6 (should be around $100-$120)
    Motorola PEBL ($150+)

Or just one of those real cheap nokia's, and go far below the $100.

5. kaboutertje macrumors regular

kaboutertje

Ah the t209 is a decent phone too, how much does a prepaid one cost?

6. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

It's $70 if you get it through them. If I go postpaid, I'll probably get a PEBL, but the prepaid ones are $220+. I've found this great little site, Wireless Imports, and they have a ton of great imported phones. I don't know what to get if I'm doing the unlocked route. I can't wait to get my hands on the KRZR. :)

7. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

The V3i on that site is $599.99 - and is the Gold Dolce and Gabbana version.

Mine is in limited edition red, has a better camera than the usual RAZR you have in the states, a memory card slot - and iTunes.

I'm not attempting to sell it again, I'm just saying - you can't get my phone cheaper than for what I'm offering, in this colour, with iTunes. As far as I know, its not even available in the states.

8. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

Oops, I've my sites confused. I meant to say wirelessimports.com, which you can get the V3i on there for less than whatever you're selling it for. And I think Cingular's picking up the V3i this fall, but I'm not sure if it'll be the colors and/or with iTunes.