Looking for a good looking USB hub

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by MiloMac, Oct 29, 2002.

1. MiloMac macrumors newbie

I currently have a decent little 4 port hub that I'm using w/ my iMac, but am looking for a sleek hub that I can use w/ the iBook I'm gonna buy in 4-6 weeks.

I'm putting a premium on style as I want it to sit on my desktop where it will feed my SoundSticks & dock for my Kodak digicam.

Any ideas/suggestions are appreciated.

2. medea macrumors 68030

medea

3. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

4. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

I lost my faith in Belkin, the transformer that comes with that hub in the uk is faulty. I had 3 of them and they all over heated. I took to an electrician and he couldn't believe that they could make a mistake like that.

5. MiloMac thread starter macrumors newbie

Anybody have one of these?

I just stumbled across this little number from a google search.

http://www.drbott.com/prod/db.lasso?code=3329-MUHS

It's bus powered (which I like), and looks like it was designed w/ the iBook/TiBook specifically in mind. I wish it was USB 2.0 compliant, but that's not a major issue for me right now. Anybody have one of these Mini-Hubs?

6. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Re: Anybody have one of these?

Bus power is nice and all until you try to hook a scanner, printer, and keyboard to it. If you have many USB powered devices of any sort you will quickly overdraw the bus.

I have not had any problems with the Belkin. I ran it maxed with everything plugged into it for nearly a month. This included a Bus powered scanner that would not work unless it was directly pluged into the computer or on a powered hub.