Looking for a good Mac podcast.

Discussion in 'iPod' started by KevKaos, Sep 24, 2006.

1. KevKaos macrumors 6502

I do not have a Mac yet, but planning on an iMac 20". I have a 60gb refurb iPod due to arrive this week and I am using iTunes7 on my PC. I have found some really good podcasts for golf and surfing, but I am looking for a good Mac related podcast. Prefer a video podcast, but as long as it is a good one, video is not a requirement. Any thoughts? Something that teaches me about Macs would be fantastic. Thanks in advance.

2. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

3. KevKaos thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey, thanks for the tip. I really Leo Laporte. I used to watch him on cable all the time. Didn't realize he was much of a Mac guy, but he sure knows his way around a PC.

4. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

ahhh yes, before G4 bought out techTV and put on all of it's crap-tastic programming..... it's a shame techTV isn't on any more.

5. Wolfgang macrumors member

maccast is a really great one. its not video, but it is very complete.

6. Mac Rules macrumors 6502

Mac Rules

I agree, I like listening to it too, the guy is quite a good talker and the info is usually quite good, but unfortuantly due to MR I already know everything he's gonna say! lol

Cheers

7. KevKaos thread starter macrumors 6502

I used to actually record hours of TechTV on my Tivo. I really miss it. Leo was grreat at making people understand tech issues.

8. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

You might want to try TWiT (This Week in Technology).

Leo does that one as well.

9. KevKaos thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. I have downloaded and subscribed to all the suggested casts except this one (at work now so will do that this evening). So far, they have all been exactly the sort of thing I was looking for. The whole iTunes and podcasts things are new to me. I guess I am going to have to get my car stereo set up to allow input from my iPod now. :D :D :D

10. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

MacBreak Weekly is good too if you want a "weekly recap" of mac news and in an audio format rather than their MacBreak video "tutorial" show. I enjoy both.

Also, a pseudo-Mac podcast/vidcast I really like is CommandN. Try it :)

11. KevKaos thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the info. I am having a little issue with my iPod that is going to require that I delete everythig off of it, but once I am done, I'll check these out. I'm glad I have this thread, now I will be able to track down all the great podcasts everyone has pointed me to. Hopefully this will be of use to other noobs as well.