Looking for a good monitor...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Luigi239, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Luigi239 macrumors 6502a

I want a new monitor to connect up to my 13" Macbook. Which kinds tend to be the best? I want around a 17" Widescreen, LCD. What should a good resolution be?

Thanks!

2. esco macrumors 6502

esco

I've got the Dell 2407WFP (Revision A03) and I'm loving it. I don't think their LCD's are widescreen until you reach the 20" mark though.

3. CDailey macrumors regular

I don't know of any 17" widescreen monitors, but if you don't mind going up to a 19" (or larger :D...and lets face it...who doesn't want a bigger monitor? :D), you can find some really great monitors. Check out Samsung and Dell. I have a Dell 2407 just like the above poster and I love mine as well. The monitor is pretty expensive though. $750 brand new. Worth every penny though :D

4. Luigi239 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hmm, I looked at Dell.com, and found a 19" Samsung Widescreen LCD for 200$! It sounds like a great deal. Is 1440x990 a good enough resolution?

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A0920030

Thanks. :D

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Dude what part of 17" didn't you read?

Anyway, 17" is tough, I mean now you can pick one up for cheap, but I think in time you'll wish you had something a bit bigger. I'd head for the 19" or at least the 20". I believe I've seen 19" wide around, check out newegg.com. They're great and they have a wide variety of lcds.

6. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

There are many very good monitors on the market. Currently, I am buying 20" Digital/Analog combo's for our users. Last Fall, I was able to get Acer's for ~$200. They are a very acceptable business-class monitor. We also have many Dell's. Our marketing department get Apple's. I have also purchased smaller quantities of other brands, which were on sale. Over the past few months, I have seen the prices creep up a little. Widescreen also seem to command a higher price, but not too much unless you are on a very tight budget. What I do, and would recommend, go to a retailer with a wide range of floor models to look at. Find some you like, then price them on the web.

7. esco macrumors 6502

esco

I was just telling him that Dell makes good widescreen monitors, but they don't reach widescreen until the 20" mark. Probably should have made it more clear, but I was implying that he should think about adding those 3" to get the widescreen Dell monitor.