Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
I'm a film editor, and I've been working with one client, but I'm thinking of expanding into a business. What I've been doing is making online videos of bands for their websites. I've been working through mac.com so far, but I think it might be time for a fully-featured website with my own domain.

My sister uses Powweb.com, which is $90 a year, but I was wondering if there might be a better deal out there. I don't need 20GB of server space like what Powweb is giving my sister (which she's used less than a megabyte.) Do you know of a good deal? Could my sister and I share the server she has, but have our own separate domains? (i.e. she would have her firstnamelastname.com and I would have my firstnamelastname.com but use her server.)

What are my options?

Thanks!

mintlivedotcom

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2004
Yes, you can share server space with Powweb (my hosting company, too). She needs to set up a new FTP login for you and input your domain information into her settings. Then you can upload your site(s) without interfering with each other's sites. Powweb allows for unlimited domains, so it will be your best bet.

Moria

macrumors regular
May 7, 2005
Glasgow, Scotland
That Surpass Hosting can't be for real. 2TB of bandwidth per month costs more than $6. They must be sharing that 2TB between all their users, same with the disk space...

I use http://www.k1z.com and find them to be very good, no problems with them at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.