Looking for a graphic designer/illustrator

Discussion in 'Community' started by cleo, Feb 3, 2005.

1. cleo macrumors 65816

cleo

I'm looking for someone to do at least one and possibly three simple pieces of vector artwork for me to use on my personal (not commercially-oriented) business cards and possibly website. I'd like to send you a photo and have you do a vector-style semi-realistic illustration based on the photo. The definite one that I need done is of my dog's face, and then maybe one or two more of my face. If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, please drop me a PM with a link to your portfolio and a general idea of your fee, or just post in this thread.

I know that there are tons of creative people here on MR, so hopefully one of you can help me out. Thanks!

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Hi, Cleo. Nice to run into you in the forums again.

There's a service that will take a photo of you and produce an icon version as a caricature. I heard about it here in the forums, but it was a year (maybe two years?) ago. If I can find that company's web site, might that match what you want to do? They probably create raster graphics, not vector graphics, but for business cards or a web site maybe either would work for you.

By the way, if you ever need it, I know a company that takes photos of dogs, scans them, color-matches them with thread, and makes needlepoint masterpieces out of them. At least that's what I remember. Again, I'll look it up if you are interested.

3. maya macrumors 68040

maya

Attached Files:

4. benwa02 macrumors 6502

haha. Thanks Maya I was just trying to be real swift to be the first one to post.

Sent you a PM Cleo.

5. neut macrumors 68000

neut

flash

flash has a nice trace feature ... try downloading the trial and do a 'Trace Bitmap'. :)

peace.

Attached Files:

6. mcadam macrumors 6502a

mcadam

It's nice enough with maya's sample and neut's trace - but there's no doubt that benwa02's "handmade" version is the nicer picture of those three :)

A

7. makisushi macrumors 6502

Back in the day, Adobe had a product called streamline, that did just that.

I have been out of the design world for a while now, so i don't know if it is still around.

8. neut macrumors 68000

neut

nice vectors. :)

Adobe Streamline

peace.

9. maya macrumors 68040

maya

Hey that took me less than 2 minutes. ;) :)

10. benwa02 macrumors 6502

thanks.