looking for a hard case, need help

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mkyb14, Jan 20, 2007.

1. mkyb14 macrumors newbie

Jan 20, 2007
    I just got a 17mbp with everything. the only problem is that my backpack for school doesn't have padding etc on the bottom.

I'm looking into getting a steel case or something harder than a simple incase sleeve that covers it.

I do know that they make steel cases (not briefcases) that can protect your MBP that don't cost as much as my apple care did.

Does anyone know of a decent case out there that's a hard shell.

I'm simply worried about how compacted everything is within the computer and would like to keep it that way!

Thanks to anyone that has suggestions!
  2. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Nov 17, 2004
    The Msp
  3. mkyb14 thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 20, 2007
    yea that's the idea, but it costs $229, and there's no way i'd pay that much for a case!

any other ideas ?
  4. Locatel macrumors regular

Jul 21, 2006
    Check the Rebound, it offers more protection than a conventional neoprene sleeve.

" It's made from high resistance polyurethane foam that seems rigid on first touch, but actually compresses and indents when impacted. The foam then slowly expands and reverts to its original form. This slow compression and rebound release acts as a shock absorber, spreading the impact of sudden bumps and jolts and generally providing a higher level of protection."

5. smueboy macrumors 6502a

Oct 30, 2006
    I carry my MBP around in a Booq Vyper Sleeve inside my backpack - it's not a hard case by any means, but it is semi-rigid and protects it very well:

6. phungy macrumors 68020

Dec 5, 2006
    You pay what you get though. Buy a cheap case and it might end up being more likely to damage your Mac.