Looking for a LOUD iPod boom-box...any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jadekitty24, Sep 25, 2006.

1. jadekitty24 macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

I need a loud iPod boom-box for use at work. I work in a factory where the noise level is quite high. I sweat a lot at work so head-phones/ear-buds are just not comfortable. I'm not as concerned with the sound quality as I am with the volume. Any user experiences/suggestions? Thank you in advance...I appreciate all input. :)

2. JAT macrumors 603

You can use it with any box that has an Aux input, it doesn't have to be an iPod-designed box. Probably find a louder ghetto blaster than the dozen or so iPod boxes.

Don't turn the volume over 70% an any boombox if you want it to last for awhile.

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

There's loud and crappy and then there's clarity with power... iPod HiFi. :)

Go and demo one today. You won't be disappointed.

4. jadekitty24 thread starter macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

*drools excessively*
    That was my first choice, but the way I abuse my electronics I can't fathom spending that much. That's too nice a boombox to use in a dirty dusty shop. :( Although maybe I can come up with some sort of justification to purchase it for home use...:D

5. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

In that case, maybe a 20-40w midi system bought from eBay? Find one that has a broken CD or cassette-player to keep the cost down, plug your iPod/dock into the Aux and you're away.

6. N10248 macrumors 6502a

N10248

I'd definatly recommend the Hi-Fi, i got one the other day and its loud, sounds a bit muffled when its quiet though (not a very good mid-range), but its made to be turned up high and sonds great when it is.

Bye

7. Planner Dude macrumors 6502

8. jadekitty24 thread starter macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

Hmm...this may be an option for me. Even my moose-like self should be able to keep that puppy in one piece. I may get this for work and take BV's suggestion on the iPod HiFi for home use and my occassional romp outdoors.
    Thank you all for your input, it is much appreciated! :D

9. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Check out the Bosch Power Box too, it has an iPod adapter you can buy, it charges batteries and stuff as well.

It looks like a milk crate with all the goodies suspended inside, tough, rough and puts out good sound.

iLounge Review of iPod adapter - they don't actually review the Power Box but it sounds pretty good.