Looking for a "Mac-ish" Hard Drive Enclosure.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by skubish, Jul 17, 2005.

1. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

I am looking for a "Mac-ish" Hard Drive enclosure. Firewire preferred. White or maybe powermac metal gray color. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

3. JES macrumors member

4. Gizmotoy macrumors 65816

Gizmotoy

I've had good luck with Macally enclosures. They seem to be really high quality compared to some of the other enclosures I've encountered. They know when your Mac goes to sleep as well, and will turn of the hard drive. Pretty cool. I'd highly recommend one, and they're cheaper than the other enclosures posted here, if that is a concern. Newegg.com has the Firewire/USB version for about $50 and USB only for about $40. There's a Firewire800 version as well on there for $85.

http://www.macally.com/products.html under "Storage Devices" in either USB2 or Firewire/USB2.

5. skubish thread starter macrumors 68030

skubish

Thanks all for info.

The Cool Drive looks nice and you can put 2 drives in it but unfortunately its USB2.0 only.

The Macally also looks ok.

I only saw one that from Macally that came in white and it was fugly.

6. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

I'm looking for a sleek silver aluminum enclosure for 2.5" drives, but it has to be firewire (need target disk mode access). I can't seem to find any that are as clean and thin as the one below, but it's USB 2.0. {sigh} Any assistance? I've checked the sites listed and haven't found what I'm looking for.

Attached Files:

7. dsharits macrumors 68000

dsharits

I have one of the drive enclosures from WegenerMedia for my 2.5" 40 GB drive. Trust me, it doesn't look as bad as it does on the site. It's not bronze. The leather wallet for it is awesome. I can send you better pics of mine, if you want 'em.