looking for a mini tiny webcam

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by phuong, Dec 6, 2006.

1. phuong macrumors 6502a

it might sound weird to you since i already have isignt built in with my mbp.
    however, i want to record the person in front of me, not me. that is why i need an externam webcam.

what i want is this: i'm thinking of using a webcam to record lectures at my school. to be precise, i want to capture whatever the profs writes on the board. i need something that is small, and not attractive - not attractive enough so that the professor woulndt realized that he's being videoed. and preferably if it has a decent built-in micro.

i understand that a webcam generally has very short focal length so it probably won't be able to capture anything useful if the blackboard is too far away. it's just nice if i could do this thing.

so if anyone knows of any camera like this, let me know :)
    and i really hope in the next generations of laptop, Apple would put a second isignt on the front, or at least make the isignt turnable:)

2. Locatel macrumors regular

3. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

if you don't want a separate webcam, you can try a periscope. :)
    here's thelink to the site, not TUAW post.

4. Locatel macrumors regular

5. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Wow, that's such a neat solution! It'd probably be the least obvious one anyway. That Logitech webcam is not officially Mac OS X compatible right now. :(

6. phuong thread starter macrumors 6502a

exactly what i'm looking for:rolleyes:
    the best part is, it dont require any cable.

7. phuong thread starter macrumors 6502a

alright, i got the mirror today and tried it on.
    first impression, iGlasses is so great - so great that i think it should have been built-in with OSX.

other then that, i dont like the mirror very much because it looks at... the ceiling. they should work on the angle a bit so that it can really make iSight look at the person sitting in front of (me).
    oh and the mirror is a little too bulky to my taste too.

but in anycase, if they release the improved version of it, i would definitely buy it again. totally worths the $10 bucks.