Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phuong

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 16, 2006
it might sound weird to you since i already have isignt built in with my mbp.
however, i want to record the person in front of me, not me. that is why i need an externam webcam.

what i want is this: i'm thinking of using a webcam to record lectures at my school. to be precise, i want to capture whatever the profs writes on the board. i need something that is small, and not attractive - not attractive enough so that the professor woulndt realized that he's being videoed. and preferably if it has a decent built-in micro.

i understand that a webcam generally has very short focal length so it probably won't be able to capture anything useful if the blackboard is too far away. it's just nice if i could do this thing.

so if anyone knows of any camera like this, let me know :)
and i really hope in the next generations of laptop, Apple would put a second isignt on the front, or at least make the isignt turnable:)

phuong

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 16, 2006
exactly what i'm looking for:rolleyes:
the best part is, it dont require any cable.

phuong

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 16, 2006
alright, i got the mirror today and tried it on.
first impression, iGlasses is so great - so great that i think it should have been built-in with OSX.

other then that, i dont like the mirror very much because it looks at... the ceiling. they should work on the angle a bit so that it can really make iSight look at the person sitting in front of (me).
oh and the mirror is a little too bulky to my taste too.

but in anycase, if they release the improved version of it, i would definitely buy it again. totally worths the $10 bucks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.