Looking for a nice laptop case.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by quagmire, Oct 13, 2004.

1. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

I am looking for aa laptop case specificly designed for the 12" Powerbook/ibook . My budget is $60.

2. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

go to compusuck (compusa). I have a brenthaven for my 15", but that's out of your budget......
    What kinda bag do u want (backpack, sleeve, briefcase..etc)

3. rilina macrumors newbie

If you're looking for a messenger bag/sleeve combo, you may want to investigate the products from Tucano. I've been on the market for something similar for a while, and yesterday I placed an order for the Tucano horizontal limit messenger bag and their 12" iBook sleeve after reading this recommendation at MacNN's forums. The poster provides a great review with lots of pictures here.

It fits in your budget too--combined cost with shipping is $50.

I'll post my own review when mine arrives.

I've also heard good things about the Shinza Zeroshock, if you're just looking for a sleevecase.

4. TheBunnellFarm macrumors regular

I have a new unwrapped Brenthaven for iBook 12

That I bought from the Apple web Store a few months ago, it fits the iBook 12 like a glove the salesperson told me, a perfect fit. It`s black. Mine is a non-smoling home, its $30 plus $5 shipping, PayPal, check or money order.

Tom

5. Steven1621 macrumors 6502a

Steven1621

timbuk2...very very nice. i love mine. a bit more pricey, but i assure you, far worth it.

6. mattalici macrumors member

CRUMPLER

GET A CRUMPLER. These bags rock, they are durable, and they are eye catching. THe insides are lighter colors so you can find junk thats fallen to the bottom. Go to powerpage.org and read Jason´s much more articulate article on Crumpler bags and then go buy one. GO!!! :eek:

7. TheBunnellFarm macrumors regular

8. HardHatMac9 macrumors regular

Ditto.

9. Passante macrumors 6502a

Passante

10. EMKoper macrumors regular

EMKoper

Incase also...

I second the "incase" option. It is within your budget and is very flexible. Some additional space for wires, cables, etc but not so much to make the thing bulky when not carrying those things. The handles "tuck" away if you don't want to use them, side and bottom padding for some shock resistance, and zipper protection (to protect the zipper from scratching your laptop).

11. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

The small Crumpler McBain's Lovechild is perfect for this. You can buy it from ebags.com or bagyou.com for under $50. Very cool, and very protective of your laptop.

12. titaniumducky macrumors 6502a

titaniumducky

I have a Tom Bihn Monolith (tombihn.com) that's $40. It's a laptop sleeve, but they don't have one the exact size of the 12" (the recommended one is the 15" size). It's designed to go inside of a regular backpack. They have a $50 version called the Brain Bag for messenger bags/briefcases.

13. stevehaslip macrumors 6502a

stevehaslip

i second the tucano second skin, its great because you can just put it in your bad along with everything else without having to worry about damaging your precious powerbook!

14. quagmire thread starter macrumors 603

quagmire

Ok, I got that incase case that was mentioned earlier. It is a really nice case. Took it to me in Florida and was great. Thanks for the help guys ands gals.