Looking for a portable firewire HDD

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by LastLine, Aug 28, 2006.

1. LastLine macrumors 65816

Hey all

I've found a few USB hard drives around that can fit nicely in a shirt pocket and are bus powered with capacities of up to 100GB.

However as I'm overblown on USB devices right now i'd like to look for a firewire one to go with both my iMac and Macbook so I was wondering if anyone could suggest something of a similar size. If not I'll go with the USB one but fire wire would be advantageous.

I'm in the UK so if anyone can suggest a pocket sized firewire HDD I can get here that'd be fantastic. :)

2. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

3. LastLine thread starter macrumors 65816

Notice this is an advice and discussion forum? Saying to google it isn't really that appropriate an answer is it? Sure I can google it, I want people's advice on one.

Geez...

EDIT: And that's an enclosure too....not a HDD...

4. VanMac macrumors 6502a

VanMac

Not sure of the availability in the uk, but LaCie makes a lot of nice small drives that have FW interfaces.
    www.lacie.com

5. x704 macrumors regular

x704

iPod :D

There are some other slightly larger laptop external HDs that are readily available for less $$.

I guess it depends on how much money is in your wallet and how big your pocket is for the HD.

6. mustard macrumors 6502a

mustard

X2 on the LaCie

I have a 100gb F.A.Porsche and love it.

7. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

Notice how you are being a bit obtuse, condescending and lacking somewhat in manners.

You also notice how i typed a SIMILAR query and got what I wanted because I googled for it. Basically you are making the task harder than what it should be. You didn't list anything in particular about your desire for a portable HD other than you wanted a small one. So my answer again is google for it.

Or maybe it just the way different people work. Rather than bum straight away into a forum I usually take the time to look for it myself and THEN if I'm stumped I'll make a new topic.

What I suggested was more than enough, it was a hint and an answer. Now if you had asked about the design aspects or reliability of a product thats different, I rarely trust website reviews and would look towards a forum for help. You asked neither, you just wanted something small with firewire. Your ignorance blinded you to the fact that the page I gave you also displayed relevant search words incase you bothered to do the search.