Looking for a PowerBook case...

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by c073186, Jan 28, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502a

Nov 2, 2007
    I have a Powerbook G4, 15-inch, and I need a case for it. What I really want is one like this from Incase

Except that I need it to have handles. I could swear that at one time I saw a case by Incase at an Apple store that was just what I wanted but I was stupid and did not buy it and now cannot find it anywhere. Basically I want as minimal of a case as possible - it need not store anything but the computer itself (such as power cords, etc.). Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
  2. macrumors 68020

Dec 6, 2007
  3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nov 2, 2007
  4. macrumors newbie

Jan 2, 2008
    Macally has one

I bought a Macally many years ago for a TiBook, and it does fit the Macbook Pro 15" as well. I got it at an Apple store, but I have seen them online and before they closed, CompUSA too. It is a neoprene case with a little more padding on the sides. It has a small pocket for flat items (power adapter and mouse), hard sides in between the inner and outer neoprene, and handles so it can be used as a stand alone case or a sleeve. It cost about $30.

There were similar ones at BestBuy and I think, either Staples or OfficeDepot.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nov 2, 2007
  6. macrumors G5

May 2, 2002
    Check out the horizontal and vertical Brain Cell models here:

See if they have one that's a fit. They're almost as compact as a sleeve, yet very protective in case of drops.