Looking for a Protective Thin Film Cover for MacBook Pro LCD Screen

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ScarletRed, Jul 5, 2006.

1. ScarletRed macrumors regular

ScarletRed

I am looking for a thin film cover that sticks to the MacBook Pro's 15.4" LCD screen. I tried google search and found only one seller on ebay charging an outrageous price for it. If anyone here knows of another source, please let me know. Thank you in advance.

2. ScarletRed thread starter macrumors regular

ScarletRed

So not one of you knows? I can't be the only one looking for this kind of screen protector...

3. wcj912 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm looking for one as well. Macally sells them for the Macbook Pro, but they're not for sale yet. Still looking.

4. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

$20 is outrageous to protect an $800 screen? :confused: :confused: :confused:

5. ScarletRed thread starter macrumors regular

ScarletRed

$20 for a small piece of polymer film? :confused: :confused: :confused:

The cheapest alternative would be to wrap the screen portion of our MBP with a kitchen plastic wrap...

6. Lau Guest

Can you get one for a larger screen more cheaply and carefully trim it down?

7. ScarletRed thread starter macrumors regular

ScarletRed

Solution at last...

Finally, I found one. For those of you looking for a good screen protector for your MBP, go to NuShield and select the manufacturer and the type of laptop you own. For MacBook Pro, they charge $15.00 plus $4.27 for S&H. More importantly, they offer no questions asked full money-back guarantee (they'll even offer full-refund on S&H too!)

Their screens, unlike the static-cling polymer film type, do not trap bubbles. You can read all about NuShield right here.

8. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

No MBP 17... stinks for me. Unless Powerbook ones will work?

9. ScarletRed thread starter macrumors regular

ScarletRed

I received the NuShield protector for my 15.4" MBP and I didn't like it very much so I took it off. It is true that this film leaves no air bubbles. But what they didn't tell me was that it's the shiny/glossy kind, defeating my anti-glare screen. With the protective film on, it was almost like looking into a mirror.

10. PaulinMaryland macrumors regular

PaulinMaryland

Capdase brand

For my daughter's MacBook (13in.), I just ordered a Capdase from Vinko's Treasures on eBay. It's made in two versions: ultraclear and antiglare. Vinko's was listing both kinds for the Macbook Pro, but only the ultraclear for the MacBook. I bought the ultraclear, and wrote him a note wishing for the antiglare version in the MacBook size. Guess what? He has it and allowed me to switch!

I'll let you all know how it works out, if my daughter lets me apply it. If she doesn't, I'll order the ultraclear and ask her to sell the unused antiglare film to a fellower MacBook user.

Incidentally, Vinko's ships from Hong Kong and delivers by Registered Mail; someone must be home (or next-door) to sign for it.

11. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

Yes yes. Please keep us posted!

12. jerkstore macrumors newbie

Nushield response

Got a Nushield for my macbook and I was not that impressed either. The concern of the glossy screen isn't so much a factor on the MB 'cause there's no anti-glare - just like the original screen - you just have to get used to the shininess.

My biggest concern is that it doesn'tn seem to set in well between the casing and the actual screen. It seems to move up and down a bit especially when I'm cleaning the screen. (Am I supposed to be still cleaning ths screen protector?

Anyway,does anybody have any other suggestions to cover the Macbook screen? I've been looking at the Invisibleshield - any comments? Does it cover the entire screen/how exactly does it work?

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=221395