Looking for a really good case below $50 (Macbook fit)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Alag28, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Alag28 macrumors 6502

Aug 23, 2006
    any recommendations? i was at the apple store and the incase 29.99 one was really nice. very simple and sleek however they didnt have any 13.3 anymore in stock :( and also hitting the forums again after checking out the apple store for cases, people are saying the zipper is f'in up the top part of the macbooks. so idk
  2. Alag28 thread starter macrumors 6502

Aug 23, 2006
  3. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Jan 14, 2006
    New York City
    The last time I was there Target had some really nice Laptop cases. Though they were probably generically sized and not necessarily exactly made for a macbook.
  4. calculus Guest

Dec 12, 2005
    Brenthaven do a nice one in your price range. Have a look on Amazon.
  5. mattcube64 macrumors 65816

May 21, 2006
    Yeah, I was at the Apple store a few weeks ago looking for a case for my Macbook. Again, I really liked the inCase one for $30, but they had every size EXCEPT the 13.3" version. Ugh. After hitting up a couple other stores, such as BestBuy, CircuitCity, Target, and Compusa, and then realizing they all carried only generic sizes, I went ahead and ordered the inCase from apple.com. It was backordered, and it just shipped out yesterday. I think I'll get it on Monday or Tuesday. When I do, I'll post some pics and impressions.

The only other case that got my attention was the Vyper from BooqBags, but after shipping it was around $70. Too much in my booq...er...book.
  6. chris y. macrumors regular

Feb 27, 2006
    los angeles, ca
    at my university computer store they have cases by tucano that are very nice but they are priced right at 50 bucks. Its nice because they come in assorted colors and offer great protection along with a handle that you can hide when not in use and a removable shoulder strap.
  7. coastertux macrumors regular

Jul 17, 2006
    It's difficult to find a really nice case for under $50. Think of the investment you are protecting, it's worth more than $50 for a case. Check out Brenthaven (http://www.brenthaven.com).