Looking for a stand for my MacBook Pro (15inch)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by barkins, Oct 27, 2006.

1. barkins macrumors regular

barkins

Anyone know of a good stand for my desk that I can place my MacBook Pro on?

Thanks

2. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

3. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

4. defsquad macrumors regular

i've been debating between those two and the primary reason for me going for the icurve is that it is an actual stand for raising the laptop off the desk and putting it more level with an external monitor or allowing your ckeyboard to slide underneath. the ilap is meant to simply tilt the laptop to be more ergnomic for typing and it's primary benefit is it has those nice cushions for convenientily using it on your lap. anyway, i'm going for the icurve for my desk, and might get the ilap for when i'm using the laptop elsewhere around the house.

5. thenewguy macrumors regular

as far as I know the iCurve is discontinued.

how can you get one?

6. defsquad macrumors regular

7. thenewguy macrumors regular

that link you posted clearly states " Out of Stock" in big red letters.

8. defsquad macrumors regular

wow, i'll blame it on it being really late and my lack of sleep from the weekend. retarded that griffin tech. allowed me to continue with the order without ever saying anywhere that it was out of stock during the order process. never said anything about backordering, etc. maybe i got the last one (surely not, the odds of my timing for that would be improbable).

9. interlaced macrumors 6502a

interlaced

hm actually, even though it says out of stock, it still let's me add it to the cart and proceed to checkout. all without warning me they're out. hmm, griffin should get on top of that.

10. Blackheart macrumors 6502a

Blackheart

Not that you can slide a keyboard under it through the front, but did you check out iLevel by the same makers of iLap?

11. NewSc2 macrumors 65816

I have an iCurve and I love it! I don't think I paid $39... believe it was about $20 or $25 (maybe $30). They had some at my local CompUSA, but this was last year. All the other laptop stands look odd... the iCurve kinda just disappears -- looks almost like your laptop is hovering :)

12. defsquad macrumors regular

can't find any icurves for sale anywhere online, they are all out of stock. wish compusa had them still.

13. NewSc2 macrumors 65816

Supposedly Griffin is coming out with the iCurve 2?

Apparently some people complained that the iCurve didn't hold their laptops well enough -- sometimes they'd slide off.

Never has happened to me, but sometimes the top gets dusty -- a simple cleaning and rewetting the plastic strips will allow for weeks (if not months) of good hold.

14. itgoesbuzz macrumors regular

i vote for the iLap, i have one for my powerbook but they are kinda pricey, i got one used on here for a little cheaper. great buy, my fans never run.

15. exoriare macrumors member

I assume you people who can't get iCurves are in the US. They are still available here in the UK in the Apple Store, on Amazon and so on. If you really want one perhaps you can get one shipped. Though maybe best to wait for iCurve 2 (the Merom upgrade;) )