Looking for a USB to USB wireless dongle to convert GH2 guitar wireless

Discussion in 'Games' started by wwooden, Apr 4, 2007.

1. macrumors 68000

Jul 26, 2004
    Burlington, VT
    My goal is to find a USB dongle kit that I can use to make the xbox 360 Guitar Hero 2 guitar wireless. What I'm looking for is 2 USB dongles, similar to what come with many wireless mice. One would plug into the 360 console, the other would accept a mail USB cable from the guitar. I will then cut and shorten the USB cable on the guitar, add a battery pack for power, and an on/off switch.

I've been looking around but can't find a USB wireless kit like I am trying to find. Anyone have an idea of where I can look? Or am I just crazy in trying to do this?
  2. macrumors 68020

Jul 3, 2003
    *cough cough* :rolleyes:

Your closest bet is hoping that the wireless USB Hub is compatible with the X-Box 360. Belkin makes one, I believe. Not 100% sure if it works nor do I think it even will. If it somehow magically works out, expect to spend $200 on the hub alone.

Try to impress me though. I quite like my wireless PS2 Guitar Hero controller. I don't understand why they could've just made a wireless controller with a USB dongle and get around Microsoft's proprietary wireless restrictions. Maybe Red Octane is saving that for later?
  3. macrumors 603

Jul 3, 2004
    Mac since 7.5
    I remember reading an interview with the developer somewhere, maybe GameSpot, where they implied that a wireless GH 360 controller was coming in the near future.
    It's the only reason I'm holding off on buying the game and a 2nd guitar.

Well, that and the news about Rock Band.:)