Looking for a way to make video tutorials...

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by theranch, Jan 21, 2003.

1. theranch macrumors 6502

Jan 3, 2002
    Atlantic City area
    If you know of an application or method for me to create screen captured video tutorials of me demostrating software on my G4 please let me know.
  2. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

Apr 14, 2002
    bat country
    you can find both "copernicus" and "snapz pro X" on versiontracker. if you don't need many features, i would recomend copernicus, as it costs about 1/5 of snapz.
  3. theranch thread starter macrumors 6502

Jan 3, 2002
    Atlantic City area
    I need...

You probably get my plan....but what I want to do is work in Flash showing people how to create certain movies while I narrate then be able to save all of my actions and narration as a quicktime movie.

Thanks for the info!
  4. evildead macrumors 65816

Jun 18, 2001
    WestCost, USA
    snapz pro

I have used snapz pro and it sounds like its just what your looking for. It capturs the screen with everything your doning and you can give audio commentatry as you work. It makes quick time movies. Many of the popular tutiorals use snapz pro. I have not used it for OS X (havent had the need yet)

one of the projects I used it for was a flash tutioral as well :)
  5. benixau macrumors 65816

Oct 9, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    i dont know about you, but i got it for 'free' when i got my pmac. are you using a pmac?? look in your apps folder. Snapz Pro X.

oh and i have used it. pretty good. as a metter of fact it is so simple that i thought i had forgotten something.

good luck