Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Indohottie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
Hey

I need some advice on three different devices:

1. Bluetooth Phone... are there any good ones out there... if so which ones?

2. Looking for a good 4 to 5 megapixel camera.. something that is decent in both outdoor and indoors...

3. TV tuner for mac laptop.. I know of elgato but are their others.. and what are the comparisons..

Thanks

Frank

VK45DE

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2004
I recently purchased Motorola's Razr v3 - must say the most feature filled, isync compatible blue tooth phone I have owned.

If you need address book and calendar updates between your home machine, .mac account, portable computer and phone, this will do it very well.

As a note, I found that all of sprint blue-tooth phones were infact gimped and only allowed for connectivity between the phone and handsfree sets, and offered no data connectivity (Sprint says its because they do not want to enable file sharing due to pay-to-download games, etc)

I ended up cancelling my sprint and went with Cingular (with the new Razr V3)

Nickygoat

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2004
London
Indohottie said:
Hey

I need some advice on three different devices:

1. Bluetooth Phone... are there any good ones out there... if so which ones?

2. Looking for a good 4 to 5 megapixel camera.. something that is decent in both outdoor and indoors...

3. TV tuner for mac laptop.. I know of elgato but are their others.. and what are the comparisons..

Thanks

Frank
Check here for digital cameras. A friend has just got a Canon Ixus 50 and it's lovely. Why only 4 -5 MP though? For the price I'm assuming.
There are other tuners for a Mac, formac for one but the general consensus is that the Eyetv - in all it's different flavours - is the best.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.