looking for an ABANDONEWARE game called Univited for the Basilisk II (win xp)

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by Rhetro, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Rhetro macrumors newbie

Aug 12, 2006

Don't know what else to do. I've lost what seems to be an eternity looking for this damn game called Uninvited. It came out about 20 years ago or so by a company called Icom which no longer exists.

I've got Basilisk II ready to play it. In fact, I actually found where to get it, but it seems to be a corrupt copy. It loads with the startup screen and then I get an error 10 message. (I've tried tweeking it i.e. with different roms, memory etc -if someone knows a secret that I don't...)

This is from a site called Macintosh Garden which has a TON of these abandoneware games. I've set up posts THERE trying to resolve the issue with the site that posted the game in the first place.

Oddly enough, the site is still there, but some of the most recent responses go back almost a year ago! I don't know if it's abandoned or what (gives meaning to the term abandoneware, huh...ok that was bad)

The main one I wanted was Uninvited and I have to admit, I seem to be a little more obsessed with solving the problem than solving the game (although, that's not really true...).

My Mac Plus is already starting to glitch out, I ACTUALLY HAVE THE ORIGINAL UNINVITED FLOPPIES myself and was thinking about making copies and transfereing the game to my pc so I could play it in Basilisk. If I have to go that route, I'll have to buy another Mac Plus on e-bay...and THEN do this "transfer" thing. Don't really want to go that route.

Sorry to be so long winded (I guess I'm venting). But this is nuts!!! It's gotta be out there somewhere.

I'm going to set this post up at other sites as well and just hope for the best.

If ANYONE knows the grandfather of the uncle of the child who's friends with the person that knows where to get it....PLEASE POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!!!

I can be reached at:

Sorry for the mess.

2. David Schmidt macrumors 6502

David Schmidt

Aug 22, 2006
    Southeastern USA
    Uninvited's Producer/Designer

Here's a link to the history page of Uninvited's Producer/Designer.
  3. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

Sep 5, 2006
    Macintosh Garden, an abandonware site, has it here.

Used to play this on the Classic at a friend's when I was little...
  4. Rhetro thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 12, 2006
    Hello Allo!

Sorry. I know it's been a while since you posted.

I found that link a while back. Unfortunately, the game isn't intact! There are some missing screens! I'm currently looking for the original disks (as I completely ruined mine like an idiot!).

I've put some posts on e-bay and the like but nothing yet.

Thanks for the heads up though!

It really is a great game!! They just don't make em' like they use to!