Looking for an app to auto shut down my mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TastyCakes, Nov 24, 2006.

1. TastyCakes macrumors newbie

May 4, 2006
    Anyone know of an app to auto shut down your mac after it's done running a an
    iTunes playlist or letting another app run it's course? The Energy saver shut down schedule option is too rigid for me. Basically, I like to listen to a some music as I go to sleep and would love for my mac to shut itself down after it's finished with the playlist. If there isn't a program would anyone know of an applescript that would do that?
  2. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

Jan 10, 2006
    Fiddle with Automator Im sure you can do it with that. Or you could just set system preferences to shut down the mac after a certain amount of time. You can even tell it when to start up ;)
  3. bartelby macrumors Core

Jun 16, 2004
    There's a little app called iSleep that does this.
    It's pretty useful.
  4. kretzy macrumors 604

Sep 11, 2004
    Canberra, Australia
    You can actually just do it in System Prefernces>Energy Saver>Schedule. That allows you to set it to sleep/shutdown/wake up/turn on.
  5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
  6. tikilamps macrumors newbie

May 13, 2008
    Thank you!!

This was just the thing I was looking for... And boom found it!
  7. fluidedge macrumors 65816

Nov 1, 2007
    there's also an app called iwannasleep which is very simple and easy.
  8. DaReaper macrumors member

Dec 27, 2008
    wow didn't know i could make it wake up and shutdown with system manager.. that's great :D
  9. lego8 macrumors regular

Mar 9, 2008
    I use iWannaSleep and like it very much. It's free as well.
  10. chenxiaoqino macrumors newbie

May 12, 2010
    is there any mac software determine when to shut the computer by monitoring the networt flow? i want to shutdown after finished a download.
    one windows software can do this, but i can't use the virtual machine or it just shut the virtual machine down. same thing happens on wine.:(
  11. benkenobi macrumors member

May 27, 2009
  12. ske, Dec 15, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2010

ske macrumors newbie

Dec 15, 2010
  13. ske macrumors newbie

Dec 15, 2010
    Off Update

I just got mail from Lukas Pustina, creator of Off widget. He is updating version on apple dashboard widgets site and new version works with PPCs ;)