Looking for an audio mixer for a talk show

Discussion in 'Community' started by Dumbox, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Dumbox macrumors newbie

Nov 30, 2004
    I am looking for a program that would mix music and talk into a MP3 file. The concept would be like an internet radio station but i would not be broadcasting the MP3. I am asked to do a weekly audio show that would include music and talk. I am looking for somthing that is easy to use.

Thank you

2. mymemory macrumors 68020

May 9, 2001
    How many people are going to talk? you are looking for a $1000 investment at list and forget about cerating an mp3 file on the fly, you will get an AIFF or WAV and then you will convert that in to mp3 or any other format.

First you will need a set up, if you are two people you need two microphones, a 2 channel mixer, and an analog to digital converter. Then you will need the software to edit everything and then the transfer to MP3.

If you are going to do it at home and you have a video camera with firewire and Final Cut Pro Extress or even iMovie you will need only the two microphones conected to the video camera with the necessary adapters and capture the audio directly to your computer. You should do all the talking first and then, when you finished all the conversations, in your computer software, you can cut the voice segments and pace the music you want in between. After that, when you get what you want you can export that on to an mp3 file.

You can do the audio editing using multiple channels of Final Cut Pro for example.

But if you want to do something more accurate you would have to get a mixer with at list 2 channels of audio and an audio capture device. There is a Tascam mixer that can capture via USB that would do what you are looking for for under $500 and it comes with the software.

That is the most practical way to do it and preserve good audio quality IF you know about audio.
  3. honeytoast macrumors regular

Sep 15, 2004
    bay area, CA
    There are many different options for you. The Digidesign Mbox comes with pro-tools le for $449. I believe Garageband may work for you if your short on funds. Just use this for your audio interface. Only $149.