Looking for an ignorant article about why PC's are better than Macs

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by johnbro23, Jan 30, 2007.

1. johnbro23 macrumors 6502a

I have to write a rebuttal paper for English class. I have to find some written argument that I disagree with, so I figured I'd go with an article that dissed Macs. Can anyone think of any good ones?

2. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Just ask one of your classmates. Let the debate begin!

3. johnbro23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm looking for an article I can print out from a reputable source. Maybe from PC Magazine or the New York Times.

4. Bwebb macrumors member

I really doubt you will find an article from a reputable source actually dissing mac. I'm pretty sure they are careful how they review products (to stay out of court). You should be able to google "mac vs pc" or something along those lines to get a "pros and cons" article though.

good luck

5. otis123 macrumors 6502a

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

ugh that topic is so subjective and irrelevant. do something on such as whether global warming is a huge problem caused by man or just a natural cycle.

mac vs pc is like whats sports better, football or soccer. different for each person as its subjective

7. holamiamigos macrumors 6502a

+1 vote for you doing the global warming issue

8. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

or one that i would do is what effect illegal immigration has on the US as this is a huge issue these days as well. i like this one alot as it not quite as touchy as abortion or gay rights

but if you are going to argue for mac....stress lack of viruses spyware etc.
    if argue for pc...stress applications that are only for windows and compatibility for sure pretty much worldwide

9. steelfist macrumors 6502a

go to www.aqua-soft.org and use the search functionfor macs vs pcs or something like that. i used to go there a lot, and there's a lot of flaming about this

10. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

This one is a pretty ignorant view of a Mac Mini compared to an Emachine.

I like the "The Mini boots up into a stripped-down operating system which Apple calls OS X, similar to the stripped-down WindowsCE OS found on many handhelds." it makes me laugh considering the fact Vista's features and looks are surprisingly similar to another OS (I wonder which one :confused: ).

The best thing about this article the guy know absolutely nothing about Apple or Unix, it's good for laughable ignorance ;)

11. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Laughable ignorance? You obviously don't understand irony when you see it. That's an old article that is well-known to be a piece of satire. The joke's on you, my friend. Read it again carefully.

12. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

For me the 'give-away' was the complaining about a lack of a floppy drive and PS/2 ports.

:D

13. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

for me it was the weight comparison of the mini in one hand and four quarters in the other.

14. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

Well this is quite a stupid topic IMO.

A Mac is a PC. The only difference is software.

15. Phil A. Contributor

Phil A.

I particularly liked this bit:
    When I consider that a good deal of my time is spent running applications like Disk Defragmenter, Scandisk, Norton AV, Windows Update and Ad-Aware--none of which are available for the Mac platform--it doesn't make sense for me to "switch" to a Mac at this time.
    :D

16. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

I thought my response articulated that I knew the "in-joke" from that article, I thought the my "ignorance" response coupled with the emotion icon was the give away for me. :D

Plus it was one of the only articles I could think of....