Looking for an iMac G4

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Moof1904, Jun 24, 2005.

1. Moof1904 macrumors 65816

I'm looking for an iMac G4, 700 MHz or better (if they even made any slower than 700 MHz, I'm not sure they did).

15" screen okay. Of course, 17" is better.

I've been poking around on eBay and there are a few that seem to be from reputable people.

Just to make sure I'm exploring all avenues, are there some specific used Mac resellers that are worth pursuing?

And of course, if anyone has an iMac G4 that they're looking to sell, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks.

2. mrzeve macrumors 6502a

3. rikers_mailbox macrumors 6502a

Also check out craigslist for your area. I have had great experience with people there. I bought an iMac G3 for a few hundred bucks and it's been great.

4. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

5. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

I think that the best G4 iMac is with 17inch screen. Not 20incher cuz the video card is pretty slow to play games at 1680x1050 (native)

But why do you want G4? Get lowend (1.6GHz) rev A 17 inch G5, if you're concerned abou the price, it would last you much longer

6. tag macrumors 6502a

tag

Well if you don't mind paying a bit more for something faster than 700Mhz there is one for sale refurbished from apple.com

Its an iMac G4 1.25GHz/ 256MB/ 80GB/ SuperDrive/ E/ 56K/ 17-inch - Apple Certified for $1,099.00 Plus it is saying there is free shipping which is always a plus.

I bought my 20" from there and have nothing but praise for the service and quality.

I don't know why you wouldn't :D They are just so much nicer looking than the new G5's in my opinion. Course I didn't need some top of the line machine though myself.

7. itsbetteronamac macrumors regular

I've got an iMac that I am looking to sell. It's in great shape and I am selling it because I just bought a new powerbook.

iMac G4 17" 800MHz
    512mb
    80gb
    Airport Card
    Belkin Bluetooth Modual
    Mac OS 10.4.1

Comes with mouse, keyboard, speakers, and Office X, oh and photoshope elements 2 (if I ever get CS *crossses fingers*).

I was going to sell it for around $750, so, if you interessted just PM me. :)

8. law guy macrumors 6502a

law guy

9. mrzeve macrumors 6502a

The G5 is just so ugly to me :|

10. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

That one looks good just but at least 512 MBs more RAM.

11. Johnny Rico macrumors 6502

You can buy more ram...

12. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

I'd keep an eye on ebay, or any other people wiling to sell theirs..I think it wouldn't make sense to buy a g4 imac for 1000 dollars, when you can get a g5 for almost as much....

13. realityisterror macrumors 65816

realityisterror

I might be willing to sell mine if you give me a good enough offer...

15" iMac G4
    800MHz
    512MB RAM
    60GB HD
    Combo
    Keyboard, Mouse, Pro Speakers...
    -Originally bought reconditioned-

This is in no way definite, but if your offer is acceptable to me, I can talk to my dad to see if he'll let me :p

reality

14. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I've had my iMac for 2 days so far and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I was a little tentative about the new iMac designs, but once you are sitting in front of it, it feels great. The refurbished iMac G5's at the Apple site are just too good of a deal to pass. You will thank yourself later as the computer will last a much longer time and not be outdated when you buy it.

15. Santeh macrumors member

Re: Craigslist?

Hello all,

I have not heard of Craigslist until I saw it posted in this thread and, since I am in the market for a Mac, I took a loko at it. There is a nice mac selling in my area, however, since I have not heard of Craigslist I was wondering if anyone has bought something through this system/service? It does not seem to have am eBay type of rating system, thus I do not see a way to try and verify a seller before one buys from them. Anyone have any experience with Craigslist they can share?

Thanks!

16. aldo macrumors regular

It's part owned by eBay.

The idea is that you meet the seller in person and inspect the goods and see that it's ok before swapping the money over...