Looking for BT mouse

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Romulan, Sep 3, 2004.

1. Romulan macrumors member

Aug 10, 2004
    Hey guys,

Im looking for a good two-button BT mouse (I'm getting sick of my powerbook trackpad). Anyone have any recommendations? Thanks. :)

2. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

Oct 15, 2003
    The soggy side of the Pacific NW
    I like my Microsoft BT mouse, but it doesn't travel well since it doesn't have an off switch. I think the Logitech BT mouse has the same issue. They're good for using mostly in one location.

Some people like the RadTech BT mouse because of its size (and the off switch), but I haven't any experience with it. I'm really waiting to see if the MacMice BT mouse actually comes out this month, and if so whether it lives up to the hype. It certainly looks the coolest. :D
  3. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

Apr 28, 2004
    it is going to be awhile until bluetooth is adopted as an official standard, thus bringing all mouse makers into the bluetooth game. the only "nice" BT mice are made by M$ and Logitech. Radtech, MacAlly, etc...pfah! garbage.

your best bet, buy a cheap RF wireless mouse for the moment, and pray a nice OS X BT Mouse is released (all BT mice work with OS X, but are not customizable via drivers available from their respective companies, thus you only get basic left, right, scroll functionality). this is unfortunately my only option currently. Why Logitech designed their new Laser Mouse around RF wireless is beyond me...those @$$holes...

there is no good traveling mouse. apple has an off switch, but 1 button. M$ and Logitech have nice mice, but no off switch. MacAlly has two buttons and an off switch, but their mouse looks like my PBook was constipated and finally pushed out a load, that being the MacAlly mouse.

basically, if you're a pioneer and looking to get into the world of input devices, you could make a KILLING if you developed a stylish, multi-button, scroll wheel, blue tooth mouse. apparently nobody is capable of meeting these requirements however (apple was close, but then decided to flush their mouse down the toilet with 1 button...fools...).
  4. Jo-Kun macrumors 6502a

Dec 20, 2003
    I don't like my MS BT mouse, its slow, so I can't use it for photoshop because its not that reliable, and like mentioned, no way you can program the buttons to do anything else than exposé or the standard one-click/right-click...

the trackpad in y ex-Pb was much better even for Photoshop... so go figure ;-)
  5. RubberChicken macrumors regular

Sep 16, 2003
    I got the MS one a while ago. It looks fine, if a little bulky. I've been using it home on my PowerBook (occasional use) and thought it was fine. I took it to work last week, and a day of intensive use left me with a sore hand and wrist for 2 days (no jokes please!). It's WAY heavier (160g) than the standard Apple Pro mouse (??g), and the scroll wheel is not very smooth. Movement is not as smooth as wired mouse. After a day I felt like I was pushing a brick around the desk, and it was actually a please to go back to the standard Apple wired mouse.

I'd steer clear of the MS one for high use.
  6. whw5 macrumors regular

Feb 27, 2004
    Use the mouse blue-tooth. It looks exactly like the apple mouse only it has 2 buttons
  7. pjp macrumors newbie

Aug 26, 2004
    Stick with RF

I tried the Logitech MX900 first, and found it to laggy for my liking. It always felt like I was trying to push through mud when moving the mouse. So I returned it and tried the MacAlly Bluetooth mouse. At first it seemed slightly better, but in the end I returned it, with the same complaint. As a new Mac owner, I was disappointed that the BT mice don't really do well; there was just no comparison with my Logitech MX700.

Not to hijack the thread, but has anyone tried the MX1000 in OSX?

8. yippy macrumors 68020

Mar 14, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    I have the Rad Tech mouse. It works pretty well. Not laggy at all, nice and fast. It is small though, which for someone like me with bigger hands, can get a little uncomfortable after a few hours, but not to bad. Takes some getting used to.

I would recomend it, very portable.