Looking for Cheapest RAM for the New iMac G5?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by mjstew33, Oct 15, 2005.

1. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

256MB
    512MB
    1GB
    2GB

All of these places carry the standard "Guarentee to work in your Mac" and Lifetime Warranty offers. ~Isn't it time you had some peace of mind?

Hope that helps some questions you may have! :)

If you happen to find cheaper prices, or a link is broken, let me know! I will change the link of the RAM to the website you provide.

2. crazyeyes macrumors regular

I think i will be when i get mine. I am not sure where i am getting it i might just go through apple cause they aren't horrible this time around. It would be like $80 more to get stuff you KNOW works. Also then you are 100% positive that you aren't hurting your applecare warranty. I am thinking of getting a 1GB stick through apple when i get mine to have it at 1.5 GB of memory.

3. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

Thanks for the info. I had yet to look around for RAM and am definitely going to need to buy a 1GB stick for my new iMac G5.

4. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

Apple don't seem to offer more than 1Gb (CDN$240) as an AFTER market offer... just 512Mb and 1Gb chips. CDN$240 + free shipping, isn't too much higher than other places. I think there'll be bigger savings elsewhere with the 2Gb chips - assuming Apple decides to sell them.

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I think that it's best to not always look for the cheapest. You get what you pay for. Should look at a reputable company like Crucial. A lifetime warranty is very important.

6. mjstew33 thread starter macrumors 601

mjstew33

Lifetime warranty is included + I think 2 of those were Crucial prices the others weer OWC prices ;)