Looking for cool wallpaper for my imac G4

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by robla64, Jun 21, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

I love my g4 imac (lamp shape).... the retro look is a conversation piece on my desk.

Now I need some cool wallpaper designs to really make it stand out.
    Any suggestions or links?
    BTW its a 1024 x768 (15" screen)

2. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Google returned 2,150,000 results for iMac G4 wallpaper. Were those sites inadequate?

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

OK.... rather than use the needle in a haystack approach. I thought I would post in a Mac enthusiast forum for some hidden gems.
    I am currently using some retro designs that I found using Google.

If you don't like my post.... just move on to the next thread.

4. macrumors 68020

zen.state

If you don't like those kind of responses then don't ask silly little questions like this. Sorry to sound rude but if you need help finding wallpaper then I wonder how you even know how to turn your computer on.

Not only are these type of threads a waste of forum space but they make you look completely inept. Whether thats the goal or not it certainly is the end result.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Zen. You average 30 posts a day over a 6 year period. I'm sure none of your messages are a waste of space.

6. zen.state, Jun 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2011

macrumors 68020

zen.state

You can't even read figures properly. I average 0.49 posts per day as my profile clearly shows. That means 1 post every 2 days.. not 30 a day you poor delusional person you.

Get a grip and ask some real questions. Also, maybe try learning to read numbers properly.

Edit:

I just did the math and 30 posts per day over 6 years is 65,700. I have 1,118. Only off by about 64,000 posts huh?

7. macrumors 65816

adcx64

I personally like OS X's built in wallpapers. But, remember, Google is your friend!

8. macrumors 68020

zen.state

I just use a solid black background. No icons on the DT at all and use Quicksilver to open everything. Dock only has what is running.

9. macrumors 65816

adcx64

I had my eMac like that at one point, just with a blue background, I wasn't a big fan of it, so now I keep the stock Leopard look.

10. macrumors 65816

Vader

I assume you have OS X on it?

If so it should be at least panther (before that OS X wasn't entirely usable), so why not use the default panther desktop?

It is this one by the way:
    [​IMG]

Or you go with an pre-OS X desktop
    (Tiled image)
    [​IMG]

11. macrumors 68000

tom vilsack

yahoo pic search

[​IMG]

12. macrumors regular

If you'd like a truly randomized wallpaper setup, you should try to find StarfishX. You can set it to generate a new wallpaper every so often.