looking for ear phones that don't fall out of my ears

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by jojoba, Oct 30, 2012.

1. jojoba, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012

macrumors 65816

It happens all the time and I find it extremely annoying :mad: I'm not even running or exercising (the radio they're playing at my local gym is so loud that I've given up trying to compete with it), I'm just walking to work and these things keep falling out of my ears. I'm using the previous version of the Apple ear phones (attached).

I've also tried the ear phones that came with my Nexus. They have these soft bits on them and when I push them into my ear they stay in place, but then my ears feel completely blocked and it's very uncomfortable.

Do I need to buy the type that sits on my head for them to stay in place? What are others using??

Attached Files:

2. Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

3. macrumors 6502a

FlatlinerG

I would look into the ones that wrap around your ears. I used to own a par way back and loved them. The most important part to think about though is the material. If they are too hard, they start to irritate the backs of your ears.

4. thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks. Do you feel that your ears are a bit blocked when you use them? They look a bit like the ones that came with my Nexus.

Yes, I think this is probably what I need to do - I don't trust the smaller ones to stay in place.

5. Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

What do you mean by blocked?

6. thread starter macrumors 65816

When I use the ones that came with my Nexus, it feels a bit like when you are on an airplane that is about to land and you have to equalise your ears by chewing a gum or blocking your nose.

7. Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

No, I can't say I've experienced that.

8. macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Have you tried the new Apple ear pods?

9. macrumors 6502

PatrickW98

Tape them into your ears. That should work. ;)

10. macrumors newbie

The Skullcandy Fix earbuds would suit your needs well; they're designed to not fall out of your ears. I used to use them while exercising, and not once did they ever fall out.

11. thread starter macrumors 65816

No, I haven't - are they better than the ones I have?

Haha. I'm not really taken by those skulls, but if they stay in my ears I can compromise. Thanks.

----------

Thanks. So these are on my list of options.

12. Contributor

Scepticalscribe

I never managed to find a pair of really comfortable in-ear ear-phones, so a few months ago I bought a pair of Bowers & Wilkins P3's - which sit on the ears, but are very light, nice and comfortable, beautifully designed, exceedingly portable and are an extremely good piece of audio equipment - the sound quality is excellent.

13. macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Well, they don't fall out of my ears. And the sound is pretty good. After the set that came with my iPod touch 5 was "borrowed" by a family member, I wound up getting the ear pods with mic and remote, which I really like.

14. thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for the input, everyone! I'm still a bit undecided but I'm looking at all the different options suggested in this thread.

15. macrumors 68000

roxxette

IEM :) problem solved.

16. macrumors 6502a

I have little girlie ears and in ear ones don't work for me at all - they either fall out or hurt.

My trusty sennheiser foldable ones started disintegrating last year so husband bought me a pair of AKG ones. Again foldable but over the ear. Incredibly comfortable.

That said I have a voyager pro BT headset for my phone (as the solely in ear ones fell out/hurt etc) and the loop round the back really makes a difference. The smallest ear piece is tiny and actually fits. What I'm getting at is if you have ears like mine you need to find a manufacturer who truly makes a "small" small ear piece...

17. macrumors 68000

roxxette

Have some IEM custom made for you, well worth the money; myself i use Ultimate ears.