Looking for keyboard and Mouse for my MBP C2D

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by takemore, Dec 31, 2006.

1. takemore macrumors member

Hi all!

Since it is only 10 minutes away from 2007 here in Singapore, I'm using this opportunity to wish you all a Very Happy New Year!

Now to my question - I'm new on Apple's side of World. Before that I was using Win, Linux and even OS/2.
    I've got MBP C2D 15.4" just a week ago. I'm using Blender so I need a good mouse. Somewhere in mac-forum-world I saw positive feedbacks about Logitech Revolution and went to buy it. What stopped me is that the mouse has a small wireless adapter which will occupy one of my USB sockets.

My question is if I decide to buy wireless keyboard later on will it come with one more adapter? Or I can use the one which comes with mouse for keyboard as well?
    Or can anyone recommend me a mouse as good as Logitech Revolution but without usb adapter? Which will use bluetooth connection for example. Or am I being silly and the adapter which is sold with the mouse is actually a bluetooth adapter?

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Unless you were to buy a keyboard/mouse combo, they will use different receivers. The receiver in the Revolutions are not bluetooth, they are RF. You could always use a USB hub to open up some ports. I have the VX and it is awesome. Don't stray from buying a good mouse due to ammount of USB ports available.

3. takemore thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply aaronw1986 though the "news" is not really good. I need a good mouse but I was planning to buy a keyboard also. USB hub is an option but I'd prefer more elegant solution if it exists.

Can anyone recommend a good combo (keyboard+mouse)? Or maybe someone can recommend a good bluetooth mouse?

4. takemore thread starter macrumors member

Looks like there are no good combos and complete void of good bluetooth mouses in The Mac World.. :rolleyes:

Hey, people! Please, if you use an external mouse/keyboard (wireless or wired) with your Apple notebook and you find it perfect (or almost perfect ;) ) - share your experience! And you won't be alone.. using it :)

5. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

Logitech V270, looks great, works great + matches MBP

6. mangoman macrumors 6502a

mangoman

Maybe not what you want/need to hear, but for anyone on the hunt for a mouse...I just bought a VX Revolution last week for use with my MBP. The ONLY negative is the fact that it uses a USB port. Otherwise, this is, by far, the best mouse I've ever owned. And a great traveler, too, since the tiny receiver fits into the mouse.

7. takemore thread starter macrumors member

After information gathering and some consideration I've decided to buy this "Logitech Cordless Desktop S 530 Laser Keyboard & Mouse Combo" for my MacBook Pro. Please, if anybody has something bad to say about it do so urgently. Otherwise in 1 and a half day I'll buy it :)

Thanks in advance

8. dan-o-mac macrumors 6502a

dan-o-mac

Please post a review when you buy the S 530. I'm kind of on the fence as far as getting this set.

9. takemore thread starter macrumors member

Well.. At the end of the day I didn't buy it :p I came to Apple shop and they had them both (keyboard and mouse) on display connected to an iMac. I played for awhile.. and left the shop :) They both feel quite good. I think I'm just spoilt with choices and really aiming too high for perfection. I felt that if side buttons are shifted a bit to front would be more comfortable for me. I know it's minor.. :confused:

10. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

If you do now plan any games, I suggest you try out Apple's Mighty Mouse. Its awesome, looks great, but you have to spend some time to get used to right-clicking with it. Apple's BT keyboard is also very nice. I'm typing this post on mine and feels just like the USB keyboard, but without any wires :D

If you dont like Mighty Mouse, I dont know then :eek:

11. dan-o-mac macrumors 6502a

dan-o-mac

Do you have the corded or BT Mighty Mouse? I have the original Apple BT mouse and it feels kind of heavy. How does the original BT mouse and BT Mighty Mouse compare in weight?

12. dan-o-mac macrumors 6502a

dan-o-mac

I tried it out at CompUSA and didn't buy it either. :D The keys felt kinda janky.

13. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

I have neither :D I use Logitech MX500 USB mouse.

But I tried both one-button BT mouse and BT MM, and yes, the original one is significanlty heavier. I also tried USB MM and its weight didnt seem to be any different from the BT MM (I can be wrong, as I had no chance to try them side by side)

Hope this helps :)

14. dan-o-mac macrumors 6502a

dan-o-mac

Sure does thanks!

15. takemore thread starter macrumors member

Everything would be so much simpler if I'd like Mighty Mouse :rolleyes: I need a "classic" :D mouse with 3 buttons

16. takemore thread starter macrumors member

Can you say a few words about this mouse? Would you recommend it to your friend? (I mean to a really good friend ;) ) Thanks in advance

17. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

It works fine, but doesnt match my iMac at all, because its silver/black and has an ugly form, which they consider to be egronomic :rolleyes: . Also, this ugly loooong USB cord is driving me mad :mad: . This mouse is good to excellent for games, fine for OS/apps, but has a lot of buttons I dont use. I dislike its scroll ball, its huge and makes loud noises when scrolling. Its software screwd up system mouse software and those two are conflicting.

So im not really happy with it, but its works fine... If only Mighty Mouse was better for games, I'd get one right away! But unfortunately MM is completely inferior at games, so I have to stick with MX500... :(

18. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

id go for the BT Mighty Mouse, I have both the old BT mouse and the BT Mighty Mouse and the MM is lighter, although still much heavier than the corded one. I however far prefer the weight, and find corded apple mice wey too light. Other benefits for the MM are that it works really well with macs, doesn't involve any usb adapters etc and just completes the mac 'look'.