Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sinigang99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2007
I am looking for Mac collectors that may be interested in my clear cased SE.

I also have supporting documents to it's authenticity as I was an original development team member.

I have not kept up with the tech world for some time and had no idea that there may be any interest in one of these prototypes. Supposedly 10 were made and I think that a dozen or so was about right. I have seen one other recently but don't know how many are still out there.

Any info on interested collectors would be appreciated.

Thanks for looking.

Sly

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2003
Airstrip One
I'm sure lots of people here would be very interested depending on how much you want for it? Where are you located.

sinigang99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2007
Thank you for your replies. Yes, it boots up. Here are a few photos I recently took. There are some additional pics posted on the forums.

This is a portion of the items I have from the SE project.

P1010702.jpg

P1010708.jpg

P1010711.jpg

P1010714.jpg

sinigang99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2007
Ebay...

Get ready for a bidding war - prototypes and rarities go for big ones...

Offer it to this guy...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/soyburger/sets/72157594228629049

his collection is awesome and the presentation rocks!

Thanks man! I did contact soyburger a week or so but recieved no reply. I did exchange some comm. with Charlie Springer who also had a proto and he sold his for a very substantial amount. I believe it was a collector in Japan.

It is an interesting piece of history and the complete package makes it all the more interesting. I can supply additional info and pics if someone is seriously interested in owning this box.

I worked as a board layout designer at Apple from 1982 till around '91. I kept a few things but this is the most personal of all I have kept.

Thanks again for looking and for your compliments.

Sly

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2003
Airstrip One
Is the keyboard a prototype as well, its not one I 've seen before?

As mentioned if you want the best possible price it has to be eBay.

sinigang99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2007
Is the keyboard a prototype as well, its not one I 've seen before?

As mentioned if you want the best possible price it has to be eBay.

The bundle is the config. we were presented with. The keyboard and mouse are from a IIc.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Thanks man! I did contact soyburger a week or so but recieved no reply. I did exchange some comm. with Charlie Springer who also had a proto and he sold his for a very substantial amount. I believe it was a collector in Japan.

It is an interesting piece of history and the complete package makes it all the more interesting. I can supply additional info and pics if someone is seriously interested in owning this box.

I worked as a board layout designer at Apple from 1982 till around '91. I kept a few things but this is the most personal of all I have kept.

Thanks again for looking and for your compliments.

Maybe "soyburger" doesn't deal with protos.... it's hard - you have to draw the line somewhere...

Please keep us posted. Do you have more pics and can we save them to always look at?

sinigang99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2007
The IIc had a built-in keyboard...

Soory, I think you're right. Got to remember, that was over 20 years ago and I'm not as young anymore. The keyboard has been in storage as the Mac has which could account for the color.

im_to_hyper

macrumors 65816
Aug 25, 2004
Pasadena, California, USA
Wow, that is simply amazing. How much did the last guy to sell his actually get for it? That is a really neat piece of history!

Having it in a computer museum would ensure a longer life, as would any collector who actually appreciates its value.

sinigang99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2007
Maybe "soyburger" doesn't deal with protos.... it's hard - you have to draw the line somewhere...

Please keep us posted. Do you have more pics and can we save them to always look at?

I will be posting pics of the entire collection this weekend.

I have no problem if you want to save the photos. I find it flattering that after all these years, there is still interest in something that I was a part of. It was a long time ago and the accolades are far between these days.

package.jpg

cert.jpg

soft_case.jpg

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
I will be posting pics of the entire collection this weekend.

I have no problem if you want to save the photos. I find it flattering that after all these years, there is still interest in something that I was a part of. It was a long time ago and the accolades are far between these days.

package.jpg

cert.jpg

soft_case.jpg

Donate it. preserve a peice of history.

lamina

macrumors 68000
Mar 9, 2006
Niagara
What an absolutely gorgeous machine. Even the circuit boards are pretty.

You'll definitely fetch a hefty sum for that on eBay.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Some eBay Advice...

I have bought a bunch of collectible Apple stuff on eBay so here's some pointers...

Make sure you only sell to Verified Users with a high rating. You can check his ratings, also you can see what the person has previously purchsed. For the most part, they should be about the same stuff as you are selling.

Don't use a carrier's (Fedex, UPS, etc.) insurance - it's a waste. I read the fine print and the product is NOT insured if "age or rarity determines its value". A buyer that can afford this I assume has insurance for his/her collection. After the purchase, he/she will need to contact their antique/collectibles insurance company with proof of purchase to state that the collectible will be transported from the original owner. Extra insurance fees may apply.

UPS = yoUr Parcel Smashed...

Good luck! Please post the eBay link so we can all watch!

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
heh..

I'm about to interview for a new decent paying job at a fairly large company...

If it's not sold in a month, and I get the job, I'll happily make a serious bid for it.

It would be a nice addition to my collection. (The pictures are from their temporary storage location, when we finish remodeling, I'll have a nice presentation set up; not quite as nice as the flickr guy, but still nice.)

DZ/015

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2003
New England
I'd happily stab the enemy of your choice through the heart with an icepick for this Mac. Just let me know. Really.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.